Another garage not to be trusted

ive just had some work done on my car and within a week or so it failed AGAIN!!!!!

the garage didnt give me any sort of reiceipt and when called them explaining whats happened they said"you've got no warranty from the parts and you've got no warranty from us so your f##ked bye".then he put phone down.

ive now taken it another garage and they say the cause was a seal that should have been replaced but hadn't been.

the seals come with the parts/kit which they supplied they just did'nt bother to fit it.

the job is nearly totalling a thousand pound now.

as anyone got any advice for me,im thinking of going to trading standards any goog advice will be very appreciated.

Edited by anttaylor84

i cant give a name just yet but its on city road sheffield

The truly trustworthy garages are few and far between sadly.

You might be able to complain to trading standards or consider a small claims compensation complaint. A receipt or evidence of work done would be needed.

I use Pearl Motors on East Bank Road and they have always done right by me, a fair price for a fair job.

i had bother with the one on city road too. cost me over £1000 for them to say its an electrical fault. the car was in no better condition

City Road Garage ?

If it is then i would like to say that i used them for a service & new brake pads, then a MOT two weeks after. Never had an issue, great service and they even pick my car up from my house and dropped it back off.

We use autocraft on john street. nr sheff united ground.

They have been brilliant with us, had the chance to rip us off but never have. Really trustworthy and they actually care about the work they do. Theyre not the cheapest place but they do try to do the work at the very best price. I would definately recommend them. We have used this garage for about 15 years with no problems.

They totally deserve to be named and shamed .

not allowed on the forum though. Mods would just edit/remove a post.

I hope you didn't pay cash to avoid VAT.

Assuming you can prove you've paid, I'd try trading standards and possibly consider a visit to the small claims court's web site.

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online

I'd also try calling them again after you have set up something to record the conversation.