Number of Sheffield Council employees on at least £50k

Is this right? Apparently in the financial year 2006/7, there were 253 Sheffield Council employees earning at least £50,000.

In the financial year 2011/12, that number had risen to 391!

I thought our council was meant to be trying to save money, so why are they now paying 138 more people over £50,000?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257385/The-apocalypse-The-Labour-councils-squandering-cash-tomorrow-despite-claiming-cuts-taken-brink-civil-unrest.html

an excess of £43million in reserves and over £100million outstanding in unclaimed council tax !!!

Just who are these clowns that are running the council and who are 'bleating' about cuts in funding.

Perhaps if they did their jobs properly (no doubt some of those responsible will be earning in excess of £50k) they wouldn't have to make so many cuts !!!

They're just lining their pockets at the publics expense, knowing that if anyone complains they can blame it on the Tories. This is what you get when you vote Labour. They are utter venal scum!

They're just lining their pockets at the publics expense, knowing that if anyone complains they can blame it on the Tories. This is what you get when you vote Labour. They are utter venal scum!

I would think it would help if you identified the THEY in your statement.Do you mean the SCC or the employees or perhaps both.I would imagine you are exempt from council tax,due to various incapacities,and residence in a care home.

I would think it would help if you identified the THEY in your statement.Do you mean the SCC or the employees or perhaps both.I would imagine you are exempt from council tax,due to various incapacities,and residence in a care home.

Lol, I think he may soon lose some of his exemptions though as braindeath is no longer on the list!:hihi:

The council cut the opening hrs at the dump it sites and cut bin collections claiming they are skint , they cut front line staff claiming they are skint , yet continue to pay managment vast salary`s ,and no doubt very cushy pensions.

The council cut the opening hrs at the dump it sites and cut bin collections claiming they are skint , they cut front line staff claiming they are skint , yet continue to pay managment vast salary`s ,and no doubt very cushy pensions.

We are not interested in what Barnsley MDC gets up to.We live in Sheffield.

and then there is the workers who have been asked to not get a increment paying again for the 4th year running they take the pee to many fatcats if you ask me.

and then there is the workers who have been asked to not get a increment paying again for the 4th year running they take the pee to many fatcats if you ask me.

Are you employed in Legal Services?