Alarm clock suitable for a young child

thank you steroc,i was merely voicing my opinion.as for writing lessons i dont need them,i have a good standard of living,have three grown up children all with professional jobs.(is that with two ffs :confused:)all without a bell ringing.you see we shared a full day of activity with our children,tucked them up in bed and they slept right through until morning,although some mornings rather early,but it was wonderful to see them burst into our bedroom crayons and books in hand.ah happy days.

We got our gro clock from John Lewis.

Why not just get a normal clock. Teach your child to tell the time and explain to her that if she wakes up before 7 in the morning that she should either lay down and close her eyes for a bit longer or quietly look at a book etc until it is time to get up? This allows her to sleep until she has rested enough and wake up naturally but also respect for allowing others to sleep too

thank you steroc,i was merely voicing my opinion.as for writing lessons i dont need them,i have a good standard of living,have three grown up children all with professional jobs.(is that with two ffs :confused:)all without a bell ringing.you see we shared a full day of activity with our children,tucked them up in bed and they slept right through until morning,although some mornings rather early,but it was wonderful to see them burst into our bedroom crayons and books in hand.ah happy days.

I agree, but am I missing something, when our 3 were young they got up early and we said to them play quiet in your bedrooms or go and watch TV. As Robbo says it is nice to see them in the morning using their favourite sayings, can I have, or so & so has done this & that.

It's all part of growing up, can't fathom if the OP is upset as they child is disturbing their sleep pattern, through getting up. We now have grandkids sleep & they can get up anytime from 6am, if they get up then they just climb in with their nan.

well spoken bypass,cant imagine a 4 year old waiting for the alarm or light to flash so they can get up and see mom and dad.oh and if ive spelled or written this wrong then i will slap my own hand thank you.

I agree, but am I missing something, when our 3 were young they got up early and we said to them play quiet in your bedrooms or go and watch TV. As Robbo says it is nice to see them in the morning using their favourite sayings, can I have, or so & so has done this & that.

It's all part of growing up, can't fathom if the OP is upset as they child is disturbing their sleep pattern, through getting up. We now have grandkids sleep & they can get up anytime from 6am, if they get up then they just climb in with their nan.

Kind of agree. Waking up around 6 or 7 am is natural for children and the op does make it sound like its because the child is spoiling their weekend lay-ins. I have a 3 going on 4 year old and at that age they can't get up and work a modern TV with remote control and 100's of channels. Personally doesn't bother me because I'm always awake early anyway. Also if there's only 1 child they won't want to stay in the bedroom and play like they would if they had siblings to play with. They just want to be with Mummy and Daddy. If there's 2 parents which I presume there is as the op stated 'us' then take it in turns to get up, that way each parent gets the occasional lay-in and child gets some one on one bonding time with each parent. There's also the possibility of getting yor child in to the bad habit of staying in bed too long which could affect there future. I know people my age (38) who can't hold a job because they sometimes can't be bothered to get up.

That should be 38, but on a forum that's so against text speak won't let you put an 8 and a close bracket together without changing it to a smiley. Surely it's the same thing???

Edited by steroc

If you don't think such clocks are suitable for YOUR family/little ones then no one is for a second suggesting you go and start using one.

Any good ideas about where we can get one from in town. Doesn't need to be owt fancy but just functional and affordable. Cheers.

if it's a loud alarm clock you need to wake your child up for school try the brigghouse ans rastrick brass band that will wake up anyone at any time

Kind of agree. Waking up around 6 or 7 am is natural for children and the op does make it sound like its because the child is spoiling their weekend lay-ins. I have a 3 going on 4 year old and at that age they can't get up and work a modern TV with remote control and 100's of channels. Personally doesn't bother me because I'm always awake early anyway. Also if there's only 1 child they won't want to stay in the bedroom and play like they would if they had siblings to play with. They just want to be with Mummy and Daddy. If there's 2 parents which I presume there is as the op stated 'us' then take it in turns to get up, that way each parent gets the occasional lay-in and child gets some one on one bonding time with each parent. There's also the possibility of getting yor child in to the bad habit of staying in bed too long which could affect there future. I know people my age (38) who can't hold a job because they sometimes can't be bothered to get up.

That should be 38, but on a forum that's so against text speak won't let you put an 8 and a close bracket together without changing it to a smiley. Surely it's the same thing???

Just one of the many pitfalls of having kids, I know I used to be one :hihi: but yes they can be a pain but you will know with having a young one yourself, they are so full of beans.

I know the weekend is lie in time, but I'm afraid kids don't understand lie in's and when they are up, they like everyone up sadly.

we use the gro clock for our son differentiate between night and day as he struggles with this. some children think 3am is playtime just because they have woken up. and is especially more difficult when the early mornings and night Times are still light. so to "train" certain children when it is actually time for bed and morning time at this point while it's still dark in a morning is a good idea so they know that once it turns light in morning but it's still very early they know that if the clock says it's bedtime. it's still bedtime!! obviously your child needs to old enough to understand this concept of the clock. my son is 3 he is just learning. x

good point zebbadee,but you might get cautioned about your writing.are you sure your alarm has gone off allowing you to reply to this thread.:hihi: