Working For Plusnet

Hi,

I'm a software developer (Java) and I am wondering what it's like to work at Plusnet? Is the work interesting? What are the people like? Benefits etc etc?

Thanks

David

Whenever I pass their office they always seem to be playing table tennis.

Not sure what the logic in that is - putting their staff play room on full view.

Am I going to buy from them if they are a 'fun, not serious' company.

No, I will buy if they are the best at what they do at a reasonable price.

Am I going to buy from them if they are a 'fun, not serious' company.

No, I will buy if they are the best at what they do at a reasonable price.

i guess your a virgin media customer then go4it?

Hi David,

I work for Plusnet and they are brill. We are always looking for new software developers Java and PHP down to our expansion over the past 18 months and some new projects we have in the pipeline.

Cheers :-)

I have no affiliation with Plusnet; however, I would think that the staff having some fun, is actually a good thing. Good for moral, happy staff, surely the quality of work is going to better from people who are satisfied in their working environments?

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Darkstar - do you know which gyms you get discounted membership with?

Thanks

David

Fitness unlimited. So Ponds Forge, Hillsborough etc. All the ones under that umbrella.

I've recently accepted a job at Plusnet as customer service advisor and I'm starting tomorrow morning. It's my first full time day job and I'm a little nervous, any tips on training/first day in general?

Hi Gemma,

Don't be nervous at all. Everyone is really friendly just make sure your on time and throw yourself into it :-). Im sure you have lots of skills relevant or they would not have offered you the role so make sure you remember that as its a lot to take in.

I would also just have a look at the website and get some ideas of the products and services we offer :-)

Make sure you don't forget any documentation you need to prove your right to work if you have not already brought it.

Don't be late :-)

Thankyou :)! I'll be nice and early and all my documents are ready to bring in

Hello i'm new to the forum anyways i wanted to know after the 2week training there is a exam for the customer service position?

Hi,

There is an assessment about the information you have completed your training you have a end of assessment course to complete based on the information you have covered. But not like a sit down school hall exam.