Ski village not reopening

Should it Reopen?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should it Reopen?

• Yes
    • No

Whilst at some point, the Ski Village (sic) might have been considered an asset to this city, truth is that, save for the decent enough bar and facilities at the foot of the hill, it had come to resemble the Hole In The Road in its latter days: run down, unkempt, unloved and rather ugly.

Ski Village unlikely to reopen ,think we knew this already

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 18:44 ----------

Statement from the star, wild west

“The last incident was as a recent as Friday when the police helicopter spotted two vehicles on the site and followed them down Penistone Road until officers on the ground apprehended two men carrying a cutting saw. It is like the Wild West up there.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 18:45 ----------

“There is also an unauthorised gypsy camp up there which is growing all the time, and a sense that people can get away with getting up to no good.

That's a real shame. It's a big loss to the city, especially the with Snow+Rock closing too.

at least two people were apprehended - bet they get a slap on the wrist if that though

I'm not sure it will have a detrimental affect on Sheffield if it doesn't. The place always looked very quiet to me.

It's a shame that they can't turn it into a place for motorbikes instead, now that would get some use!

They need to use/sell the land as soon as possible to prevent it turning into a hard-to-move community of gypsies. They need turfing out asap

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'm not sure it will have a detrimental affect on Sheffield if it doesn't. The place always looked very quiet to me.

It's a shame that they can't turn it into a place for motorbikes instead, now that would get some use!

Like it used to be right upto the 80's.

Exactly! I used to love it up there. Only reason I don't have a bike now is because there is nowhere to take one. Shame really as I'd love to teach the kids.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 19:45 ----------

They need to use/sell the land as soon as possible to prevent it turning into a hard-to-move community of gypsies. They need turfing out asap

Where abouts are they then, on the actual site of the Ski Villiage? Can't say as I've seen any. but then I haven't been down to the bottom part for a while.

This is why we can't have anything nice, stay classy Sheffield.

They are not gypsies and seem a decent lot to me.

Leave them alone they are hurting no one up on Parkwood.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 19:53 ----------

Yes along with the many injuries to uninsured off roaders, one lad ended up paralysed from the neck down and tried to sue the council for not stopping them using Parkwood as an off road track.

They are not gypsies and seem a decent lot to me.

Leave them alone they are hurting no one up on Parkwood.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 19:53 ----------

Yes along with the many injuries to uninsured off roaders, one lad ended up paralysed from the neck down and tried to sue the council for not stopping them using Parkwood as an off road track.

there new age travellers that have infact been there many years now.