Ski village not reopening

Should it Reopen?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should it Reopen?

• Yes
    • No

there new age travellers that have infact been there many years now.

New Age travellers who have been in the same place many years :confused:

Just me?

They are not gypsies and seem a decent lot to me.

Leave them alone they are hurting no one up on Parkwood.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 19:53 ----------

Yes along with the many injuries to uninsured off roaders, one lad ended up paralysed from the neck down and tried to sue the council for not stopping them using Parkwood as an off road track.

Surely common sense would tell you that there is a chance you might get hurt and that each individual should take their own safety precautions? Bit like walking on a road or driving a car really.

Surely common sense would tell you that there is a chance you might get hurt and that each individual should take their own safety precautions? Bit like walking on a road or driving a car really.

Well as I said one lad broke his back and tried to claim from the council for not stopping the motor bike riders useing Parkwood. I was a witness for him pointing out that there was no signs telling people not to ride on there but he lost his case , on Parkwood you never know whats over the next hump.

Quote:

Well as I said one lad broke his back and tried to claim from the council for not stopping the motor bike riders useing Parkwood. I was a witness for him pointing out that there was no signs telling people not to ride on there but he lost his case , on Parkwood you never know whats over the next hump.

Maybe they should also put signs up advising people to not set fire to themselves. Why can't people just accept their own stupidity?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Guest makapaka

What bugs me about the ski village is its just another missed opportunity for sheffield. A few years back someone submitted plans to have hotels up there and slopes and lifts running into town and all sorts. It was going to be funded by the same developer building housing up there.

The housing plans were refused and now we have a derelict eyesore where the ski village was and now Leeds/Manchester have state of the art indoor ski facilities and we have .......nothing.

I don't know the ins and ours of why it was rejected but we should have been encouraging any investment we could get in that part of town.

What bugs me about the ski village is its just another missed opportunity for sheffield. A few years back someone submitted plans to have hotels up there and slopes and lifts running into town and all sorts. It was going to be funded by the same developer building housing up there.

The housing plans were refused and now we have a derelict eyesore where the ski village was and now Leeds/Manchester have state of the art indoor ski facilities and we have .......nothing.

I don't know the ins and ours of why it was rejected but we should have been encouraging any investment we could get in that part of town.

I know - I resurrected the thread about it earlier today here.

there new age travellers that have infact been there many years now.

Surprised to see there are still "new age travelers" haven't heard about them in years ! Hawkwind !

I totally agree. I just can't see Sheffield having anything like this in the near future though, they are just too expensive to build and maintain to make it financially viable when there is a similar facility just 'up the road'.

Problem is, that with this as competition it makes any slope in Sheffield, not just the Ski Village, a poor prospect.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Edited by biotechpete
Phone problem

I think something along the lines of Xscape would do well. Skiing hoildays are on the increase and people have to learn somewhere. The infrastructure is already there and i'm sure it could still be competitive and also save people from South Yorkshire having to travel to Manchester or Castleford which are already too busy. We have a considerable catchment area to tap into.

Rebuild it..but better, knock down a lot of the unused buildings around the area, build/open up a massive park/bar areas on the banks of the Don...sorted

right, anyone got a spare £1,000,000,000?

Build houses on the Parkwood it was a smashing little village within Sheffield before the planners moved in.