Ski village not reopening

Should it Reopen?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should it Reopen?

• Yes
    • No

Did it ever make any money? I know the UNI's used to use it for their snowboard and ski clubs

a few friends of mine went to somewhere in the midlands for a wedding the other day. The night before they all went to this thing they said was fantastic and great fun. When they showed me some pictures it was on a dry ski slope (going down in rubber tubes).

They've never used the one in Sheffield. Go figure.

Anyway, it would nice if it reopened. Maybe (due to the massive climbing fraternity in Sheffield) they could incorporate an indoor ice wall or something similar?

Were not talking about money though, correct? :hihi:

Additionally, if people opt for No, what would you want to happen to the site?

• Residential use
  • Commercial - retail, leisure, etc

industrial use would work the best its a **** hole round bottom of rutland road

Something along the lines of chill factor in Manchester and Xscape at Castleford would surely be the best way forward. Some may question a third indoor snow slope in the north but I firmly believe there is a need especially when you look at how busy the other two are.

The infrastructure is almost in place already and the increase in people booking ski holidays from the UK , on the increase. The catchment area is vast. Can't believe this hasn't happened before now.

Something along the lines of chill factor in Manchester and Xscape at Castleford would surely be the best way forward. Some may question a third indoor snow slope in the north but I firmly believe there is a need especially when you look at how busy the other two are.

The infrastructure is almost in place already and the increase in people booking ski holidays from the UK , on the increase. The catchment area is vast. Can't believe this hasn't happened before now.

i agree some kind of chill factor, ski village was not secure it got broke into every other year, needs good invester :D

I would like to photo whats left of Ski Village. Whats the best way to get there Iv got a vague idea of where it is but not 100 per cent sure?

i live close by it if you want me to take some and post i will np

i live close by it if you want me to take some and post i will np

If you could do that and upload them on here it would be brilliant. Im not sure where Ski Village Iv Googled it says Vale Road but no idea where that is.

I used to live in the pub at the top of Douglas Road ( the Douglas Inn ) before all the houses were knocked down. It was always known as the forgotten village even back then.

When I lived there in the 70s, during the winter when it was icy it was just like a ski slope as the roads were so steep, especially Douglas Road.

It's sad to see the state of the ski village now, although like others have said, it does make you wonder if it was accidental in the first place