Just seen a cat run over. Haggstones road

I have just seen a cat get run over on Haggstones Road in Oughtibridge. I've got the cat at home with the intentions of taking it to the vet but unfortunately it has died. I am not sure what to do with it now, it has a collar but no tag. Anyone on here know who it may belong to? I think its female, all black and long haired, wearing a red collar with do not feed me on it.

If I cannot find out who it belongs to, anyone know what I should do?

Cheers,

Take it to the vets still. It may have been chipped, and that will allow the vet to trace its owner.

I have just seen a cat get run over on Haggstones Road in Oughtibridge. I've got the cat at home with the intentions of taking it to the vet but unfortunately it has died. I am not sure what to do with it now, it has a collar but no tag. Anyone on here know who it may belong to? I think its female, all black and long haired, wearing a red collar with do not feed me on it.

If I cannot find out who it belongs to, anyone know what I should do?

Cheers,

Were the occupants of the car ok?

Oh no! Well done you for trying to help the poor thing.. I agree with LOOb- that's how i got my cat back after her RTA.

Maybe post this on the pets section as well :(

Christ, my heart sank then, we live two streets away from there but our cat is a tabby, with no collar.

Poor moggy, hope you manage to find the owners.

Did the driver of the car stop?

why should they ! :rant:

The driver did stop, only young bless him. I told him I'd take the cat in and try and get her to the vets, it died minutes later though. I saw it happen and there was nothing he could have done, it just ran out. I will put a card in the shop window if they let me.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 16:52 ----------

why should they ! :rant:

He did stop and he was very upset, as most people would be.

are the cats owners and their children gonna be ok !!!!

have a heart, some kid could have now lost their beloved pet :rant:

The driver did stop, only young bless him. I told him I'd take the cat in and try and get her to the vets, it died minutes later though. I saw it happen and there was nothing he could have done, it just ran out. I will put a card in the shop window if they let me.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 16:52 ----------

He did stop and he was very upset, as most people would be.

You really ought to take it to the vet who will scan for a chip and most likely put the poor thing in their storage facility. If it has a collar it is possibly chipped.

are the cats owners and their children gonna be ok !!!!

have a heart, some kid could have now lost their beloved pet :rant:

I do have a heart thats why im concerned about the driver and occupants of the car.

The op said the driver was upset.

Now you have a heart and lose the attitude :)

How do you know it was a car-perhaps you were a witness or even the driver of the car?