Football or Rugby Whats your favourite?

Football or Rugby?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Football or Rugby?

• Football.
    • Rugby.
    • I like both just as much.
    • Neither I hate both!

After listening to a poorly argued disscusion on Football vs Rugby in the doctors today, I thought i would ask the people of the forum, which do you prefer?

The argument I heard was "England rugby team won the world cup what have the footy team done lately, need I say more?"

The reply was "We (must mean a footballing we) have beckham and ronaldo who would beat any rugby player (in what I don't know) need I say more?"

IMO they do need to say more:rolleyes:

I like both although football edges it for me, but not just as a glory hound because England won the world cup.

In my experience Rugby is a better sport than football when it comes to watching your kids play it. I have always found the team work and discipline of a much higher standard in this sport and as a result the kids benefit from that.

I've seen both sports from a parents perspective and found the football side of it to be riven with prima donna's, usually the coach and managers kids that play every game at the expense of those that turn up for every coaching session without fail in all weathers. I've also seen gratuitous abuse from parent's hurled at referee's for no good reason so setting low standards and creating poor examples for the kids. This could be worth a look for anybody who's interested http://groups.msn.com/SheffieldRUFCunder16s

all the best

Football for me. I occasionally watch rugby when England play but that's about it. I got a bit swept up in the Rugby WC and enjoyed that. I occasionally watch the Six Nations. However, I'll watch (almost) any football matches that are on. Now I've got Sky Sports I don't know how I coped before when I missed all the live games!

Rugby for me (union that is). Got hooked on it many years ago. Can't explain why though. It could be because most of the big football matches are nothing more than predictable displays of primadonnas rolling around like spoilt kids and crying when someone bumps into them. Enjoy watching lower league matches though, at least the football is the real stuff.

Rugby? "So what? Stood on yer 'ead did I? Chuffin' get up yer big girls blouse."

Rugby, a mans game played by men.

Football, a mans game played by posers.

Still don't know why I prefer rugby though.

I like both just as much that includes both playing and watching.

Rugby for me. More my kind of men, and Johnny Wilkinson:razz: :D I just find football crap, wimpy in comparison.

Nomme has never seen me interested in any sport so found it quite amusing to see me get excited about the World Cup last year. Six nations next weekend. Yippee.:D

It has to be football for me! Still don't understand all the rules and stuff with Rugby yet.

rugby for me anyday. LEEDS RHINOS RULE

Football easily. I make an effort to watch England play rugby but that's about it. Where as I will happily watch just about any game of footy :)

I prefer Rugby League (The Greatest game on earth) over Football (close following), with rugby union way way down the list.

Football - still the most popular sport in the world - and thats the reason it has prima donnas ;)