Is it legal to video someone and post it on a public website

if you where in a public space then he/she did nothing wrong.

The OP should give more information because right now I'm thinking he's been doing something ant-social out in the street, and someone in the neighbourhood has got fed up with it and filmed him at it.

The OP should give more information because right now I'm thinking he's been doing something ant-social out in the street, and someone in the neighbourhood has got fed up with it and filmed him at it.

Ooh I like it. Thinking outside the box!:hihi:

no nothing like that im a bit old in the tooth to have a asbo lol.

its the fact its been put on a social network and the horrible comments with it they are basically taking the **** out of a family member and saying aggresive things and making some false assumptions .

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 22:04 ----------

thankyou to all that have taken time to give there best advice to me ,i think i will look into the legal side of tommorow .we are a hard working family who just want a quite life but i wont let people slander us just for the sake of been horrible and aggressive cos they think its funny.

no nothing like that im a bit old in the tooth to have a asbo lol.

its the fact its been put on a social network and the horrible comments with it they are basically taking the **** out of a family member and saying aggresive things and making some false assumptions .

thankyou to all that have taken time to give there best advice to me ,i think i will look into the legal side of tommorow .we are a hard working family who just want a quite life but i wont let people slander us just for the sake of been horrible and aggressive cos they think its funny.

I'd follow this advice-

.....As for posting on a social network site, just report it, its 'harrassing you' and it will get removed.

there's a good chance if you click on the 'report' button on whatever social media site it's on, it'll be taken down. That'll save you the bother of looking into the legal aspects.

I suspect it's not illegal, if it happened in public, but, if you hit the report button, usually it'll get removed, just cos the site owners can do without potential actions against them.

i was in a public place but he has recorded the video from inside his house through the window

Sounds legal for the filming part.

As for the comments?

PM me a link to the video and ill give my opinion of the comments.

Ooh I like it. Thinking outside the box!

But you can watch a video outside the box: on a mobile telephone, for instance.

But you can watch a video outside the box: on a mobile telephone, for instance.

Please don't try to confuse me, it's been a hard day at work:gag: