Is it legal to video someone and post it on a public website

i need some advice please...is it ok for someone to video you without your knowledge and post it on a social website along with nasty comments im not sure if they have used a security camera or a mobile ,any advice would help as i feel this person is trying to cause trouble.

what was you doing when there was filming you?

Were you in a public place? People can film you if you were. As for posting on a social network site, just report it, its 'harrassing you' and it will get removed.

I'm no legal expert but I believe if they film from a public place then that is allowed. Publishing online in theory is the same as publishing in a newspaper or magazine - ie it is public media. I would assume the legalities regarding the negative comments is down to whether what is written is true or not.

It depends if they're invading your privacy, or if they are filming a public space?

Do not add everybody on the planet who sends a friend request, even better unsubcribe from facebook anyway. Bet someone says it might not be fb lol.

i need some advice please...is it ok for someone to video you without your knowledge and post it on a social website along with nasty comments im not sure if they have used a security camera or a mobile ,any advice would help as i feel this person is trying to cause trouble.

definately illegal

definately illegal

Why is it illegal ? I've seen loads of sites posting pics and videos of people (who has no idea) along with comments. People of walmart dot com is one site for example.

Although people may not like it, I have a feeling it's ok to do it.

It depends if they're invading your privacy, or if they are filming a public space?

i was in a public place but he has recorded the video from inside his house through the window

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 21:09 ----------

Do not add everybody on the planet who sends a friend request, even better unsubcribe from facebook anyway. Bet someone says it might not be fb lol.

this person is not on my friends list i was told about it ?

If you're not doing anything wrong in the footage I dont see what the problem is.

if you where in a public space then he/she did nothing wrong.

i was in a public place but he has recorded the video from inside his house through the window

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 21:09 ----------

this person is not on my friends list i was told about it ?

Thats how the paparazzi make their money, so yes you can be filmed