Should I move to Sheffield?

yes i'm going to do that, i'm just waiting on turning 18

Indeed. How can someone graduate without being able to compose a sentence correctly?

no i graduating from sundstagymnasiet in sweden

That might have something to do with it!

How good is your Swedish grammar?

Edited by frededwards

i'm quite good in swedish but strangely i have better grades in english just because i don't have any problem with speaking and understand english :s

If you are just about to turn 18 then I am assuming you are graduating from college and not a university as people on here have assumed. Come and visit and see what you think before making any major plans. Good luck

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

i'm quite good in swedish but strangely i have better grades in english just because i don't have any problem with speaking and understand english :s

Do they still smoke fish in Karlsbad,and operate a sympathetic detective agency?

hi, yea its great for sport, music and art soo all good there. as to where you will live? depends really, I would say do some background work on the areas you are interested in, if you know someone who lives ere get their feed back to. s for a job you might land on your feet but like the most of us its hard going. best of luck!!

i

why should i don't go to Leeds? :s

Horrible Place :hihi:

You will like it here in Sheffield, all you have to remember if you catch a bus the driver will call you "Love" even if your male or female ;)

You will love sheffield, lovely countryside, lovely people and a lovely city (so long as you don't drive).

I say if you have a choice, do not live in Sheffield. You may get bored quickly.

It's depressed for decent jobs, the economy is poor with no focus, the city centre dead, boring and a total mess in places. Some of the suburbs are alright. Hallam is really nice. The North part of the city doesnt have a nice feel to it, the south is better in my opinion.

If you can work remotely or have certain professions and like the outdoors, then it's OK because the Derbyshire countryside is lovely. The people are friendly enough but it's not very lively / progressive / cosmopolitan.

York is better for quality of life and things to do. Leeds has a better city centre. London is much better for jobs, plenty of things to do but you'll have a lower standard of living and it's hectic. Manchester is lively but you might get shot or stabbed if you don't live in a nice suburb.

Swings and roundabouts. Depends how old you are, single? kids? professional? on the dole? etc..

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 16:44 ----------

Oh yeah, as other people are saying it's OK for sports. Although I find York much more affordable and better facilities if you want a gym, indoor rock climbing etc. people cycle everywhere, which Sheffield is too hilly for (York sucks if you want to support a football team though!).

Edited by TJC1

I say if you have a choice, do not live in Sheffield. You may get bored quickly.

It's depressed for decent jobs, the economy is poor with no focus, the city centre dead, boring and a total mess in places. Some of the suburbs are alright. Hallam is really nice. The North part of the city doesnt have a nice feel to it, the south is better in my opinion.

If you can work remotely or have certain professions and like the outdoors, then it's OK because the Derbyshire countryside is lovely. The people are friendly enough but it's not very lively / progressive / cosmopolitan.

York is better for quality of life and things to do. Leeds has a better city centre. London is much better for jobs, plenty of things to do but you'll have a lower standard of living and it's hectic. Manchester is lively but you might get shot or stabbed if you don't live in a nice suburb.

Swings and roundabouts. Depends how old you are, single? kids? professional? on the dole? etc..

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 16:44 ----------

Oh yeah, as other people are saying it's OK for sports. Although I find York much more affordable and better facilities if you want a gym, indoor rock climbing etc. people cycle everywhere, which Sheffield is too hilly for (York sucks if you want to support a football team though!).

Sheffield is too hilly for the mature cyclist but it does attract many quality riders due to steep hills and proximity to National Parks.

I'm doing an artsy degree myself in Leeds but have had to move back to Sheffield due to costs. You will always get negative people on here so try not to let them bog you down to much. Sheffield has a really good arts scene, we have some really good projects to get involved with such as off the shelf as well as some really interesting art spaces with residencies on offer all the time. Try Banks street arts just for example. Also Leeds has a really good arts, live art etc scene and you will find loads of opportunities there. As part of my final year I've had to find a placement and I've been spoilt for choice in Sheffield, Leeds and Manchester alone. Honestly they are all really worth looking into and are great cities for 'The Arts', also none of them are really that bad I've been brought up around Manchester and surrounding areas due to family over there and I've never had any bother, so don't let such negative people put you off with stab stories and gang bother.

Hope I've helped

Sheffield is too hilly for the mature cyclist but it does attract many quality riders due to steep hills and proximity to National Parks.

It does. If you want to become an elite cyclist Sheffield is not a bad place to start.