Found Dog S11 - Black haired cross *home*

Pauly123

Just seen a dog wandering around in S11 just up from Endcliffe Park around Carrington Road. It was quite nervous and just walking around in the road so I have eventually managed to coax it to my yard with biscuits.

It wont come close enough to let me touch it but is happily taking treats from the floor. The dog itself is a black cross breed of some kind with pointy up ears and grey around its mouth. It is wearing a light brown leather collar with little metal bones on it but no noticeable ID tag.

The dog warden has been informed and is coming to collect this afternoon but I though I would put it on here just in case anyone is looking??

Its certainly not a long time stray or anything as looks in good condition. Clearly tame but spooked as it is now scratching to come in (I cant let it in as I have a dog of my own)

Anyway its safe in our yard and will be collected soon unless anyone knows anything???

If you're near a vet you can take him there to see if he has a microchip fitted.

I know you said that the dog warden is coming to collect him but I read recently that they don't always check if a dog has been micro-chipped (I'm not sure how true this is) which may prevent his owners from finding him.

I'm afraid I cant take it to the vet as I am only at home as I am getting over a case of norovirus. Getting the dog in here was one thing but I'm not up to the walk to the vets. I'm not sure I could get a lead on it anyway.

Such a shame it isnt wearing an ID tag.

I'm sure it will be missed as it certainly isnt street smart and doesnt look like a stray thats been out for long. Its just mooching around our yard now after a few biscuits and some water.

I'll check with the warden when they arrive whether they check for microchips.

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 15:42 ----------

Dog warden will be here in half an hour.

And they check for microchip when they get to the kennels.

Really hope it finds its owners :(

There's a little black dog with pointy ears that lives at the bottom of Bingham Park Crescent that's often wandering round on its own. I used to worry about it, but it always seemed to know where it was going and I've seen it going into Bingham Park with its owners. Sounds like her.

Could be? It was a bit away from there though, this was up where Carrington Road meets Ecclesall road. Near the choola bridal shop.

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 19:00 ----------

Also i wouldnt have called it little. How small is the one near Bingham Park? This was just smaller than a labrador, black with brown on its legs and grey round the mouth.

I've seen her/him walking along Carrington by Peveril. Is he/she about the size of a Staffie and a bit rotund?!

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 19:02 ----------

Sorry just seen the second part of your message. Haven't noticed the legs, so not sure, but the size sounds about right.