Burglaries In Frecheville Last Night

nice highjack

To be fair, I did ask about the locks (although I was looking for links, rather than someone to fit them - I'm not that rubbish a bloke). :)

I was burgled 5 weeks ago. we live on Birley. it happened at 3.40am Saturday morning. they broke the back door lock, ( took it with them !) we were sound a sleep in bed. didn't hear a thing, it was only the back door blowing shut what woke us up, they broke in for the car keys and also took things to hand. Ie my handbag, mobile phone and cash, they didn't even bother with the laptop! i know before us there were just a couple but now know there seems to be an epidemic in this area. we have now got an alarm and the best locks fitted,(bit late i know) but never thought it would happen to us!! i have heard the latest ones they have been happening between 5pm and 7pm lets hope they are caught soon. and dont just get a slap on the hand.

To be fair, I did ask about the locks (although I was looking for links, rather than someone to fit them - I'm not that rubbish a bloke). :)

Harolds locksmiths Shalesmoor,i got mine from there,unfortunately i got them after we had been broken into.

Harolds locksmiths Shalesmoor,i got mine from there,unfortunately i got them after we had been broken into.

How much were they if you don't mind my asking? (And is there a good type to go for?)

How much were they if you don't mind my asking? (And is there a good type to go for?)

I paid a little over £40 each for ones that collapse if tampered with, and you get a credit card that allows you to have spare keys cut,no card,no key.

Yes we had our alarm on. They broke the locks(anti snap locks!!) on the patio doors and took what they could reach which wasn't all that much all while the alarm was going off.

When we had a few car breakings and other bits happening the officer told us to report everything that has happened then there maybe a chance of getting CCTV in the area.

The houses that have been burgled did anyone leave the boxes outside that Christmas presents were in

Well noticed on social networks sites that a 30 strong group of vigilantes,who lets just say can look after themselves,met at The Birley around 1800 hours and walked throughout the Frecheville Estate.Seems a question of time before they are either caught or move on ? According to reliable reports the total number of break ins is now 45 since Christmas Day.

Hope to see a picture of before and after

Well noticed on social networks sites that a 30 strong group of vigilantes,who lets just say can look after themselves,met at The Birley around 1800 hours and walked throughout the Frecheville Estate.Seems a question of time before they are either caught or move on ? According to reliable reports the total number of break ins is now 45 since Christmas Day.

I should hope the police can catch a 30 strong group sooner rather than later but I doubt that`s what you meant, what happens when your group of heroes meet an innocent kid an beat him senseless?

Don`t say it doesn`t happen - it does.

As the majority of burglaries happen during the day on a Monday to Friday, have the vigilantes booked time off work?