Antenatal Classes around S11?

Hi all,

So my partner is due on the 27th of June and I'm looking into private Antenatal classes...

Only thing I can find in the way of general classes is the Sure Start centre in S11, are there other classes elsewhere in the S11 area that people know of that do not focus on single areas (e.g hynobirthing etc)?

Cheers

MaL

(Happy 2013!)

Congratulations on the news!

I had my little girl in July 12 and in terms of antenatal classes the sure start is the only centre where the NCT classes run from this side of the city, which is a little crazy I think. I did them there in April / May time and met the most wonderful set of women who have been a lifeline before and after the birth of my little girl. We still meet up every Tuesday for a coffee and chat. My husband also still regularly meets up with the other husbands from the clasess once a month too. I was a little apprehensive before booking because of the location but really shouldn't have been. I would certainly recommend them.

After the birth there are many other classes and groups that run from the other Children's Centres at Ecclesall, Carterknowle, Totley etc so you don't have to go to Sharrow Sure Start for any of the other things if you don't want to. We have done baby massage at Woodseats and we start baby sing and sign at brincliffe next week. :)

Cheers for your response have now booked in with the sure start.

Hi Mallymoocow, I have sent you a pm regarding my hypnobirthing classes.

Rachel