Malaysian curry spice

does any one know if i can buy malaysian curry spice in Sheffield?

Sounds a daft question but what is it and what makes it so special? I have seen malaysian curry paste to make curry sauce in the oriental supermarkets but not sure if it's the same thing?

i think i actually meant Malaysian curry powder, but the paste may well do it as well. it is just malaysian spices as opposed to normal curry powder/paste, which apparently uses different spices. i have a malaysian curry recipe from my holiday in llangkawi to try out - it is very yummy and would love to be able to make it.

i think i actually meant Malaysian curry powder, but the paste may well do it as well. it is just malaysian spices as opposed to normal curry powder/paste, which apparently uses different spices. i have a malaysian curry recipe from my holiday in llangkawi to try out - it is very yummy and would love to be able to make it.

Sounds great, can you post the recipe on here? I would try the oriental supermarket at the bottom of Bramall Lane, well not actually on Bramall Lane, but behind the used car pitch, near to St Marys Gate.

will try that, and if it works will post the recipe, thanks for that

You can get both rendang paste and kuah Kari ayam( chicken curry) pastes at Tesco near the Asian foods. They come in a blue sachet. Just add meat and coconut milk/ water

A place on Matilda St.The staff are Malaysian they will help you.From my experience Malaysian food varies a lot depending where you are.

Langkawi will be catering for tourists mainly.

Edited by matsalleh

We get ours from Matilda Street too. There is a shop on London Road but I haven't been to it. You could also try the new Chinese supermarket on West Street, Chinese shops usually sell Malaysian products.

Beef Rendang is a traditional Malaysian curry & very nice too! Like a dry fragrant dish crossed between a beef madras & a Thai curry!