Castle Market

Just to let you all know Castle market will be open tomorrow Sunday the 23rd December 2012.

Hours 10.00am - 4.00pm

Prices have risen since last week - two medium parsnips £1.16 broke my heart. lol

Great to hear that i'll be open on Sunday. :)

Everything these days are going up, but there are still plenty of bargains out there. A few days ago I purchased 2x 6 pack boxes of Mr. Kipling Black Forest Whirls for only £1. Well in date and part of the Christmas addition. Excellent value for money!

being 61 today I don't even look at things like that, wish I could but - God I'm well overweight now, BLACK FOREST - I could bite your arm of for it.

---------- Post added 22-12-2012 at 19:01 ----------

I'm not really complaining that it's gone up in price, I just wanted to warn everyone else -lol - Pork spare rib chops - I could get them for £1-50/£1.60 - cheapest today is £1.80

And before everyone starts I'm 61, disabled and recieve less than £100.00 per week.,, I need to save £s not spend them.

Sorry I forgot, I'm another scrounger that ought to be put down at birth. Disabled people should be glad for what there given! Wow £98.00 a week - Thanks - I'm well Glad!

Any idea what time it closes on Christmas Eve? Real bargains to be had just before closing..

being 61 today I don't even look at things like that, wish I could but - God I'm well overweight now, BLACK FOREST - I could bite your arm of for it.

I'm not really complaining that it's gone up in price, I just wanted to warn everyone else -lol - Pork spare rib chops - I could get them for £1-50/£1.60 - cheapest today is £1.80

And before everyone starts I'm 61, disabled and receive less than £100.00 per week.,, I need to save £s not spend them.

Sorry I forgot, I'm another scrounger that ought to be put down at birth. Disabled people should be glad for what there given! Wow £98.00 a week - Thanks - I'm well Glad!

You are not a scrounger pal the real scroungers in society walk in different circles and are good at deflecting blame onto poor people by using their Media to do the dirty work.

The real tragedy is that working people believe the hype.

And before everyone starts I'm 61, disabled and recieve less than £100.00 per week.,, I need to save £s not spend them.

You're not the scrounger. There are people who lie to get the disability payment. They are perfectly able to work but can't be bothered. These are the scroungers and make honest people like yourself who genuinely cannot work look bad.

Cheers for this thread aardvark6535. Means I can go down today for my fruit, veg and meat rather than face the hubbub tomorrow morning.

Also I agree with the post above me.

i get my fruit n veg from the market all the time as its much fresher and nicer and last much longer than the dross in the supermarkets.

got 5 massive carrier bags full this week for all my xmas fruit n veg and it was less than £20! bargin

tried the fish n meat from time to time too as never found it to be anything other than delicous and exceptional value imo

Is the Castle market open today because I have looked on their website and I cannot see anything about opening times.

I went this lunchtime and all was open, but it never occurred to me they might be shut.

Is the Castle market open today because I have looked on their website and I cannot see anything about opening times.

After round about one thousand years Market trading in that area will finish for ever in 2013 due to Sheffield council and the various so called historical societies.

So take your camera photograph some real Sheffield every day history, bung the photo's in a drawer so as your grand kids can one day see what the real Sheffield was once like.

After round about one thousand years Market trading in that area will finish for ever in 2013 due to Sheffield council and the various so called historical societies.

So take your camera photograph some real Sheffield every day history, bung the photo's in a drawer so as your grand kids can one day see what the real Sheffield was once like.

Well said neepsy :thumbsup::thumbsup: