Blades Transfer Rumours Jan 2013.

We have just been buffered back with a £400,000 bid for Dundee United Striker Johnny Russell, hopefully we will go back now quickly with an improved bid or some sort of payment plan.

Scored 9 goals for Dundee United this season so far, looks to be a great player who United have been working hard on all day today .

A bit of stirring going on north of the border with Dundee United apparently suggesting Burnley are interested in the player however Burnley have told their fans on twitter this evening that no activity will be happening in the window other than youngster going out on loan.

Latest is that you can probably write this one off as Dundee have come back and told United they consider the player to be worth 3 times the 400k we put on the table!

Why wait till there is 25 minutes to go and put a chancers bid in for somebody who nobody's heard of when there's a good chance it will be rejected anyway and bigger clubs like Celtic and palace and burnley who are all after him will obvviosly blow anything we will offer out of the water

Foolish actions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21286793

Edited by s2 blade

Why wait till there is 25 minutes to go and put a chancers bid in for somebody who nobody's heard of when there's a good chance it will be rejected anyway and bigger clubs like Celtic and palace and burnley who are all after him will obvviosly blow anything we will offer out of the water

Foolish actions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21286793

You make it all sound so easy don't you mate? Let's say United have a small remaining wage bill. You can approach up to 10 clubs for players however it's not just down to the clubs any more is it? You then have to agree terms with the player on our own terms which is never going to be easy.

Think we need to get you in as Chairman, Manager and player because you seem to have your own logic regarding everything and seem to see everything as easy!

You make it all sound so easy don't you mate? Let's say United have a small remaining wage bill. You can approach up to 10 clubs for players however it's not just down to the clubs any more is it? You then have to agree terms with the player on our own terms which is never going to be easy.

Think we need to get you in as Chairman, Manager and player because you seem to have your own logic regarding everything and seem to see everything as easy!

Any examples of me saying managing or playing would be easy you could care to share ? Other than a joke aimed at porter

If we sold the whole team and signed the arbourthorne over 50s and ended up playing in graves park you would say McCabe is trying his hardest and at least the team are experienced and graves park has a nice cafe . Me on the other hand would be fuming and have a rant about it . So what's your problem?

Do you think not lining up a replacement for Blackman is acceptable ?

With £1-2 million in the skyrocket plus his wage freed

Plus if I was chairman there would be transparency at the very least .

Kevin McCabe does nothing yet we've just brought in another 4 players in the January transfer window, ok it's only two so far today but we brought in two previously. We've lost Blackman which is a massive loss but even he wasn't the messiah he's been made out to be and we can continue without him I am sure of it as gutted as I am to see him go. In came one of Scotlands best young talents who bagged 10 goals this season prior to joining us, he is yet to find his feet but looks good enough to from what I have seen. We have added something that we needed more than anything in the experience of Barry Robson and Higginbotham which now creates an extremely steady, wise spine to the team .

Anyone would think we'd not signed anyone this month!. Get realistic, loan londow is there now as well.

As a club can anyone say we are stronger after the window has closed? thats the key question,I think we are weaker.

Any examples of me saying managing or playing would be easy you could care to share ? Other than a joke aimed at porter

If we sold the whole team and signed the arbourthorne over 50s and ended up playing in graves park you would say McCabe is trying his hardest and at least the team are experienced and graves park has a nice cafe . Me on the other hand would be fuming and have a rant about it . So what's your problem?

Do you think not lining up a replacement for Blackman is acceptable ?

With £1-2 million in the skyrocket plus his wage freed

Plus if I was chairman there would be transparency at the very least .

What do you suppose Blackman's wage bill to have been then S2? As a inexperienced young player making his first professional move, what do you think United were paying him because let's be fair it can't have been that much! How much of a wage bill does that free up? Do we then count all our chickens and put all of that money into 1 player coming in when we all know we need several to strengthen and push on for promotion?

Murphy and Forte have an equal scoring record to that of Blackman from open play in the last season but even thats not good enough for some people.

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 23:07 ----------

As a club can anyone say we are stronger after the window has closed? thats the key question,I think we are weaker.

Barry Robson will turn out to be one of the key signings in recent Sheffield United history in my opnion. His experience playing behind Kitson will be instrumental.

See my thread just created.

What do you suppose Blackman's wage bill to have been then S2? As a inexperienced young player making his first professional move, what do you think United were paying him because let's be fair it can't have been that much! How much of a wage bill does that free up? Do we then count all our chickens and put all of that money into 1 player coming in when we all know we need several to strengthen and push on for promotion?

Murphy and Forte have an equal scoring record to that of Blackman from open play in the last season but even thats not good enough for some people.

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 23:07 ----------

Barry Robson will turn out to be one of the key signings in recent Sheffield United history in my opnion. His experience playing behind Kitson will be instrumental.

If we don't get promoted which I suspect we won't the Robson signing will mean nothing FACT

Whatever blackmans wage was its now free .

We've generated an extra £1.2 million in revenue to this seasons turnover so that frees up even more .

McCabe said on Saturday we are going to bring in a couple if nick doesn't leave so there was money in place to sign Robson and forte before Blackman left .

If we don't get promoted which I suspect we won't the Robson signing will mean nothing FACT

Whatever blackmans wage was its now free .

We've generated an extra £1.2 million in revenue to this seasons turnover so that frees up even more .

McCabe said on Saturday we are going to bring in a couple if nick doesn't leave so there was money in place to sign Robson and forte before Blackman left .

Still got the loan window S2, it could be that a couple of targets were beyond our means to buy outright, but we can afford to bring them in for the final push?

A million in Mccabes sky rocket no doubt so £200,000 to bring in a player on loan i would expect.