Speed up my jogging

Hi

I have been jogging for around 2 years and try and run 10k 3 times a week. I usually do it in around 1hr 6mins. I usually do a varied course withhills and flat. i wondered if anybody has any advice to improve my running times please.

Thanks,

You run more and further than me, but I've found two effective ways of increasing my pace.

Firstly is to run with a group, ideally people who are faster than you, but not too much faster. I run at work and when the good runners are out I work harder to keep up.

Secondly, sometimes go out with the intention of training pace. Reduce the distance right down and up the pace to the maximum you can sustain. The specific distance can vary. Sometimes I run just 1k, but as fast as I can. Sometimes 3k. Training for pace like this seems to translate into a faster 'natural' pace when running comfortably for your target distance.

Hey up Gingerchick,

Has any of these worked for you? If so, what's your new time and whats worked best for you?