Problem with HSBC foreign call centres

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbtc

I'm shocked to hear that the Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation don't just employ people in the UK!

If only there was some clue in their name...

Their HQ is in London they have a big office in Sheffield seems reasonable to think that they would provide a call centre in the UK.

they have at least 4 in the UK.

next?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Perhaps not so much trite as obvious.

Switching banks is my next move.

Many years ago I read that staff working for the HSBC were to loose their jobs because they had now employed staff in India, my immediate reaction

was to change banks out of protest.

I did exactly that and I hoped a lot more did the same thing .

Why leave our own without jobs just to give the jobs to people abroad, half of

the time you just cannot understand what they are saying.

Make your stand now and let the banks know how we feel about this subject.

I used to bank with HSBC for many years without any problem. However, when you do have a problem their customer service was dire. We actually had their paid for current account for about 18 months and I used to laugh that they answered with something along the lines of 'by having this account you are speaking to a UK call centre'

We then found out the main benefit of the account , for which we had signed up for, (interest refunded on completion of a loan) had been mis-sold to us and we could not claim it back. To be fair to them, after we complained they refunded all our premiums and reverted the account back again. We left the bank soon after and moved to Yorkshire Bank who have been fantastic - and they have UK call centres.

The IT department is in Sheffield though.

No it's not. The vast majority of all IT development is now done from India. Sheffield has some of the project management teams and the implementation teams although there are plans in place to move some of this away to other parts of the country (Stirling in Scotland) as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone

The IT department is in Sheffield though.

No it's not. The vast majority of all IT development is now done from India. Sheffield has some of the project management teams and the implementation teams although there are plans in place to move some of this away to other parts of the country (Stirling in Scotland) as well.

the teams that run the IT systems are UK based.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android