Problem with HSBC foreign call centres

Sorry If I sound a bit trite, but can't you just switch your business to another bank or even a building society that won't present you with this issue!

If you do move bank - ensure that you advise HSBC that you have moved and why. In fact, if you were to tell them that you were about to move, I wouldn't be surprised if your calls were diverted to UK call centres as a sweetener.

When I look for a service now, I always look for companies that have UK call centres and UK back office staff and UK IT staff. Not always possible but I try. This isn't just in an attempt to get better service, it's to help to try to keep jobs in the UK.

I'm shocked to hear that the Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation don't just employ people in the UK!

If only there was some clue in their name...

Mmmm, I didn't realise Hong Kong was in India and well I never, a bank or major organisation not just being in the UK.

I must phone Holly Willobooby or maybe Cilla to get your revelation revealed on "Surprise, Surprise"

Thanks for your input.

Santander only have UK call centres now.

Indeed. But in the case of the former alliance and Leicester call centre in bootle they are, almost universally, useless. To get an idea of what they are like, watch Come fly with me" from the makers of little Britain, and in particular the two check in girls. That's them to a tee.

Lloyds tsb aren't much better. Most phonecalls include the phrase "that's not been put on the system". All call centres are rubbish. Most take two or three phonecalls to get one thing done.

I'm shocked to hear that the Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation don't just employ people in the UK!

If only there was some clue in their name...

Their HQ is in London they have a big office in Sheffield seems reasonable to think that they would provide a call centre in the UK.

If the OP want to keep your business ultra local Nationwide has one of it's call centres in Sheffield...