Night life for the over 40s in Sheffield is rubbish!

EASTWOOD141

Thought the saying was, life begins at forty, someone should tell who ever is in charge of the Sheffield night scene, There is just two pubs for the, lets say more mature and then the rest are for the fifteen and overs, places like Leeds, Notts, ect cater for the more mature and it's a proven fact there is less trouble and makes for a good and safe night out, so if there is any one looking to start a buisness in Sheffield surely this would be worth looking into.

I think the majority of the clubbers or nightclub revellers are young (as in under 25), want to get drunk and in some cases want to have a fight and so the nightclubs and bars do all they can to cater for this.

Over 40s tend not to go to nightclubs, bars and so I guess this is a minority target audience.

I guess in Leeds there is a thriving commerce and so plenty of the over 40s have plenty of spare cash and so bar owners will cater for this. In Sheffield its athriving Job Seekers allowance city and so any over 40s will tend to be desperatly keeping a roof over their head.

In a commerce city (manchester leeds etc...) over 40s are worrying about which colour porche to buy (shall we have the red one or the black one?) in Sheffield, over 40s are worrying about more pressing matters. Also, have you seen the amount of over 40s sleeping rough in Sheffield?

I agree OP. There's nothing in Sheffield unless you like it loud and lewd. Not all over 40's in Sheffield are entirely skint, Sarah,and the suggestion is a little offensive actually. I do have more pressing matters to take care of, but I would also appreciate a nice night out without fretting about people living rough or what have you. That's a different discussion.

Edited by RyoHazuki

I agree OP. There's nothing in Sheffield unless you like it loud and lewd. Not all over 40's in Sheffield are entirely skint, Sarah,and the suggestion is a little offensive actually. I do have more pressing matters to take care of, but I would also appreciate a nice night out without fretting about people living rough or what have you. That's a different discussion.

I agree with you, I was just saying there is a severe lack of choice for people over forty. If Sheffield has only got places like west street to offer it's a poor show.

I agree with you, I was just saying there is a severe lack of choice for people over forty. If Sheffield has only got places like west street to offer it's a poor show.

There are several pubs for OAPs etc. such as the Brown Bar,Fagends,The Plump Pussy and others which focus on real ale and folk music.

I think the majority of the clubbers or nightclub revellers are young (as in under 25), want to get drunk and in some cases want to have a fight and so the nightclubs and bars do all they can to cater for this.

Over 40s tend not to go to nightclubs, bars and so I guess this is a minority target audience.

I guess in Leeds there is a thriving commerce and so plenty of the over 40s have plenty of spare cash and so bar owners will cater for this. In Sheffield its athriving Job Seekers allowance city and so any over 40s will tend to be desperatly keeping a roof over their head.

In a commerce city (manchester leeds etc...) over 40s are worrying about which colour porche to buy (shall we have the red one or the black one?) in Sheffield, over 40s are worrying about more pressing matters. Also, have you seen the amount of over 40s sleeping rough in Sheffield?

Is this a different L**ds to the one where they still hang their washing out in the street?

Thought the saying was, life begins at forty, someone should tell who ever is in charge of the Sheffield night scene, There is just two pubs for the, lets say more mature and then the rest are for the fifteen and overs, places like Leeds, Notts, ect cater for the more mature and it's a proven fact there is less trouble and makes for a good and safe night out, so if there is any one looking to start a buisness in Sheffield surely this would be worth looking into.

I think you should call it a day now you are over forty,when i reach that age of maturity,i hope i won't be yearning for the days of my youth,but be satisfied with being in bed by nine,with a nice mug of cocoa and a good novel to read.