I need a new graphics card and processor - recommendations?

deadaim

I'm after a new graphic card and processor in the new year and was wondering what i could use in my P7H55-M PRO motherboard. i willing to spend between £100-£200 on each. The best for gaming would be ideal thanks :)

Edited by deadaim

And what if that person is dyslexic?

I'm dyslexic, so I usually take extra care in making sure that what I type is correct, plus, I use auto spell checkers etc.

But I must apologise to the OP, as I was in a little bit of a ranty mood, and what I put was un called for in the grand scene of things, and not really helpful in any way!

What processor is in at the moment ?

If it is this board http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1156/P7H55M_PRO/#specifications then I would go with an i5 for gaming.

I used an Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz on an Asus P8Z77-V very recently, updated from a Q6600 on an Asus P5 N-D

The difference gaming wise was amazing. I used my old paired sli GTX460 Sc cards too.

Edited by Cenobite
Bit more info added

I5K is the best bang for your money now. The only other processor worth considering is the I7-3770K; it costs about £100 more and whilst the base speed of the processor is naturally faster the over-clocking potential of the i5 is now quite notorious. You can quite easily surpass i7 stock speeds with minimal cooling and a fairly basic motherboard (you can do far better if you spend a bit more on decent cooling and a dedicated overclocking board).

The best card currently around the £200 mark is the Nvidia GTX 660 Ti.

Just make sure you have a decent power supply to power them and not a £15 e-bay special :)

I5K is the best bang for your money now. The only other processor worth considering is the I7-3770K; it costs about £100 more and whilst the base speed of the processor is naturally faster the over-clocking potential of the i5 is now quite notorious. You can quite easily surpass i7 stock speeds with minimal cooling and a fairly basic motherboard (you can do far better if you spend a bit more on decent cooling and a dedicated overclocking board).

The best card currently around the £200 mark is the Nvidia GTX 660 Ti.

Just make sure you have a decent power supply to power them and not a £15 e-bay special :)

Does anyone have a link to a competitve i5 bundle, as I wouldn't mind upgrading my media PC :)