Burglaries on Basegreen and in the Charnock area

There has been a sudden burst of burglaries on the basegreen and charnock area in gleadless by sudden burst i mean at least 20 or so that i know of (could be more) in the last month! two houses on my street just this week please be cautious when leaving your houses, there used to be a sence of community round here, look out for your neighbors iv lived on charnock all my life it used to be a really friendly neighborhood it still can be let's not let the scum win!!

I was brought up on basegreen it used to be lovely now its gone right down hill would love to know why

I think burglaries have increased everywhere over Christmas time :(

Same thing going on in the Woodthorpe are too, mainly via the poor quality Eurolocks on the doors.

I was brought up on basegreen it used to be lovely now its gone right down hill would love to know why

it still is lovely its a select few that give it a bad name a group of lads in there early 20's that like to beat up on real men leaving the center spot when they'v had one to many. the types that still stand around on genals like 14 yearolds. keep safe love :)

Dial 101 if you see any "strolling " youths, the police are quick to come and

check them out

I was brought up on Basegreen too, lovely peaceful estate, apart from the block of flats nr the shops. Think it's the same everywhere, when the council stopped being so fussy over vetting tenants, you get the riff raff in. Any estate is what you make it though....beat the scum by reporting everything suspicious to 101.

Same thing going on in the Woodthorpe are too, mainly via the poor quality Eurolocks on the doors.

Which road in Woodthorpe?

I live in the maisonettes near the shops, if that's what was meant by the 'block of flats.' It's fine on here, very quiet actually and everyone seems lovely in the couple of years I've lived here.

it still is lovely its a select few that give it a bad name a group of lads in there early 20's that like to beat up on real men leaving the center spot when they'v had one to many. the types that still stand around on genals like 14 yearolds. keep safe love :)

tell them to beat up the old men in spot on jan 12th...its my mates suprise 50th birthday....they might be in for a shock...:hihi:

There has been a sudden burst of burglaries on the basegreen and charnock area in gleadless by sudden burst i mean at least 20 or so that i know of (could be more) in the last month! two houses on my street just this week please be cautious when leaving your houses, there used to be a sence of community round here, look out for your neighbors iv lived on charnock all my life it used to be a really friendly neighborhood it still can be let's not let the scum win!!

Friends of ours got burgled just off Fox Lane S12 New Years Day night after being out just 2 hours despite alarms and lights left on.Keep vigilant at all times and always report anything suspicious to the Police (goes without saying.):(