Fibre optic BT and Origin

Someone on the Unofficial Digital Region forum just informed me that those cabinets on the Woodseats exchange ARE connected to the Intake fibre loop, as Digital Region did NOT do the Woodseats exchange. SamKnows confirms that Digital Region is not enabled on Woodseats too.

That is interesting as if its true it explains why I thought the Intake loop went up Matthews Lane, and it could also explain why the coverage is so patchy on certain exchanges.

Could it be that the cabinet you are complaining that IS enabled 400m from yours is actually on Woodseats and connected to the Intake loop? That could explain why yours was missed, if you are just that bit too far from both the Sharrow and Intake loops to be viable.

I know it doesn't help you, but I think it helps to know WHY it happened. (or didn't happen in this case)

Edited by AlexAtkin

that's just so we can connect the property to the cab. the broadband network is seperate.

what about if i were to supply my own cable to the cab??

what about if i were to supply my own cable to the cab??

How exactly would you do that? Its a lot more complicated that just stringing a cable between poles or under the road.

You need permission to run cables across the public highway, permission to dig or string it over poles. Any existing poles would belong to someone, you would need to rent use of that pole. You would need to use the right grade cable, it would have to pass health and safety to prove it wouldn't come loose and cause a hazard. Basically, there is a LOT of red tape when running cabling on other peoples property.

Also the only entrance into the cabinets are from Digital Region ducting or BT ducting, how would you get the cable INTO the cabinet?

The only way this would ever happen would be if you PAID for something like Fibre to the Premises, and you are talking a thousand pounds minimum for that on BT (in theory to be available later this year), Digital Region do not offer it yet that I am aware of.