Cat sitting how many trips a day?

We're planning our 2013 holiday and this year I put my cats in a cattery, they didnt like it and came back to us very unhappy and acting strange, 1 had lost weight and another was scared all the time.

For the above reason were wanting to get someone to come to our home so it's less stress for them, how many visits do you think they will need a day?

I have 5 cats of which 3 like being out all night and there in and out all day,

I do this we visit as many times as people require , its normally twice a day, we change litter , check if they are outdoor that they haven't been fighting and are hurt , we also feed them , play with them and much more , we remove post etc too .

I have many customers who have been unhappy with a cattery , this is why they chose a cat visitor No long journey in a car to a cattery.

You Cat can keep to his/her normal routine, sleeping in his own place and eating as usual amounts no weight loss.

Your cat gets some dedicated attention by a visiting Pet carer !

Added house keeping benefits such as taking the bins out, removing post etc.

your cat will be taken straight to the vets in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong also we have our own dedicated vet if your isn't able to treat.

Your cat has less chance of being exposed to diseases than they would at a Cattery.

If i can be of any help please pm me .

I think cat visits are definitely a better option. There are quite a few great people in Sheffield who offer it. Where abouts are you as it goes in locality really. I have met the people who run Animal Crackers, Happy Hounds, Hound & House and Muddy Paws and they are all really lovely people.

One visit a day would be enough especially if most of your gang go out. Most should spend half an hour with the cats, do you have any relatives/good neighbors you could ask ?

Do they have a cat flap? How much do attention and fuss do they like? Are any on medication? Any who might not get food if they're not in and the others take it?

Have 15 cats and I'd probably choose a different number of visits per day for each of them based on some of the above. One of my girls is out all the time and doesn't give a damn about company. One of my lads just sleeps. The other boy craves fuss and attention and needs medication several times a day. Another girl will be terrified each time someone new comes into the house.

---------- Post added 28-12-2012 at 22:10 ----------

Like Mute suggests ... could you do combination of neighbour popping in once a day to feed etc and then get sitter to come and spend a bit more time with them and sort out lit trays etc.

No relatives no, we have no neighbors. There all independent apart from 1 who is very attached to me, 1 isthe worried type, in a morning he goes round checking all the other cats are fine& worries and meows if he can't find them all. There in all day sleeping but 3 of them go out at night but the clingy 1 stays in has he likes to curl up with me but he's very close to his brothers, the girls keep themselves to themselves and don't like attention, all different but was lost not being together when they went in the cattery, it upset my ginger boy the worse not being able to look after and keep an eye on the others,

I only had 4 then,

all cats are different , my own cats have differing personalities , when i go away we have a full time house sitter as we have many animals , but even the shy ones have become used to our house sitter, they are always happy and content when we return.

as said its your choice as to how many times you feel you need someone to visit your cats,most of my customers i visit once or twice a day usually.

the good points of having a cat sitter is your cats have same routine and are in familiar surroundings,also you have peace of mind knowing someones going to your home and its not left empty.

iv been cat sitting today and found postman had left post hanging out of the letterbox marked private! not very good.

As a matter of interest, how much does a cat sitter cost? I might need one sometime if I ever manage to get away

As a matter of interest, how much does a cat sitter cost? I might need one sometime if I ever manage to get away

i charge £8 for visit:)

I charge £15 per day for 2 visits lasting an hour each visit and that includes calling back if cats are outdoor and are not seen one visits for any reason .

Hello Teeny. Do you cover Crookes? Or can you recommend anyone who does? I'm looking for cat feeding twice a day for 3 weeks. I used to regularly see the Critter Sitters van parked up by the park but they seem to have closed their business...