Robin Hood Pub

I refer to the Robin Hood pub at Little Matlock on the other end of Greaves Lane (nr. Stannington).

I've been going to this pub for about 3 years and the food has always been really excellent. I went recently and it was terrible and certainly not worth the money we paid. I just wondered if anyone knew if it had changed hands or changed chefs. The food was nowhere near the standard we had when we went about 4 months ago.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have my own reasons for not wishing to contact them in a way where I might be recognised (either by phone or email). This is why I did not do it that way in the first place and came on Sheffield Forum to see if anyone else might have the information.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have my own reasons for not wishing to contact them in a way where I might be recognised (either by phone or email). This is why I did not do it that way in the first place and came on Sheffield Forum to see if anyone else might have the information.

Did you not think to complain whilst you were there ?. I always do if the food is rubbish.

Did you not think to complain whilst you were there ?. I always do if the food is rubbish.

This is a tricky one to answer without going into the kind of depth that might bore you rigid. Suffice it to say that I have a very very stressful job, a serious health problem that has flown at me out of the blue, severely ill relatives etc and other stuff going on and whilst I normally am not at all reticent in saying what I think, on this occasion all I wanted was a nice quiet meal without having to be strident.

I have never needed lessons from anyone about complaining.

To be fair, the other meals we have had there have always been excellent. Hence my question about the chef. Oh yes, and much earlier in my life I once worked in catering and I know what happens to the food of those who complain.

In some respects I've got my answer because if others recently had had similar experiences then there would have been more replies/comments.

Its a shame, the food used to be really really good. Perhaps it was just an off night.

This is a tricky one to answer without going into the kind of depth that might bore you rigid. Suffice it to say that I have a very very stressful job, a serious health problem that has flown at me out of the blue, severely ill relatives etc and other stuff going on and whilst I normally am not at all reticent in saying what I think, on this occasion all I wanted was a nice quiet meal without having to be strident.

I have never needed lessons from anyone about complaining.

To be fair, the other meals we have had there have always been excellent. Hence my question about the chef. Oh yes, and much earlier in my life I once worked in catering and I know what happens to the food of those who complain.

In some respects I've got my answer because if others recently had had similar experiences then there would have been more replies/comments.

Its a shame, the food used to be really really good. Perhaps it was just an off night.

I quite understand your feelings on this issue dont I ? :)

its not about complaining - its about offering feedback.

most people just go elsewhere because they cant be bothered to point out what is wrong.

that is not much help to any business as they cant put things right if they are not aware that anything is wrong. they need feedback from everyone so they know if their food is the dogs dinner :gag: or the dogs b******s :love: .

if you can find time to tell the rest of the planet, you should find time to tell them.

do it ! no more excuses. :rant:

P.S. get well soon.

Edited by muckymurphy
added p.s.

I went only 2 weeks ago, and it was still run by Carl and Pete.

I refer to the Robin Hood pub at Little Matlock on the other end of Greaves Lane (nr. Stannington).

I've been going to this pub for about 3 years and the food has always been really excellent. I went recently and it was terrible and certainly not worth the money we paid. I just wondered if anyone knew if it had changed hands or changed chefs. The food was nowhere near the standard we had when we went about 4 months ago.

Dear Pathfinder,

Hi I am one of the directors at The Robin Hood and am very disappointed to hear you have had a less than enjoyable experience.

If there is anything we can do to make it up to you please let us know, we always welcome feedback and although we would hope it was positive we recognise that this is not always the case. We feel a complaint is nether the less justified and we would do whatever we can to rectify the situation.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know exactly what the problems were with your meal and hopefully make sure that we put things right.