More shootings in USA

No, you've proposed/suggested that gun crime and violent media games are synonymous. If so why isn't the death rate higher in Japan, UK, Canada, Norway etc?

O.k..... what i did suggest is that the so-called safe psychoactive prescription drugs that are being given to depressed and vulnerable people combined with the bombardment of violence on TV, films and video games, is the underlying cause of the problem.

O.k..... what i did suggest is that the so-called safe psychoactive prescription drugs that are being given to depressed and vulnerable people combined with the bombardment of violence on TV, films and video games, is the underlying cause of the problem.

Factors which exist in those other listed countries, but without the regular gun massacres. Skinz is asking whether restricting access to guns may have something to do with that lower rate of deaths caused by guns, or are you suggesting there is another differentiating factor.

yes those factors exist in those other countries. But no were close! to the scale of the USA even if you combine all of those counties together you still don't get close to the scale of the amount of people on prozac style prescription drugs and playing violent video games.. which again i repeat is the underlying cause of the problem. It does not matter the type of weapon used its the people using them!!!!! and that is my last post on the subject. goodbye.

yes those factors exist in those other countries. But no were close! to the scale of the USA even if you combine all of those counties together you still don't get close to the scale of the amount of people on prozac style prescription drugs and playing violent video games.. which again i repeat is the underlying cause of the problem. It does not matter the type of weapon used its the people using them!!!!! and that is my last post on the subject. goodbye.

I'd put to you that the UK is high on the list of prescribed drugs such as Prozac and other psychotic medication..in addition to violent media games. I have no doubt that the combination of all plays a part to some degree in some cases but to defend the notion that it's the underlying cause is fantasy...a bit like the media games you are suggesting.

Edited by skinz

But it does matter what type of weapon people are useing. The weapon of choice is the gun. People are not useing hammers, swords, baseball bats, machetes to commit killings like the ones in Sandy Hook, Chardon High School, Virginia Tech, Columbine.

It wouldn't be an overnight solution but repeal the 2nd amendment.

If the gun pro lobbyist have a problem with that then allow the country to vote in a seven day period around the next high school slaughter of children.

Offer that and you'll see the NRA go into cardiac arrest...and not such a bad thing at that. Children are precious, the NRA isn't.

You really do live in a dream world of your own :hihi:

A. How would you persuade every law abiding citizen who owns a gun to voluntarily turn it in?

B. How would you confiscate every gun from every member of the criminal element in society?

C. The answer to both questions is "Dont waste your time" But just for the sake of argument supposing you could achieve those two miracles what about the following question?

D. What measures would you effectively take to absolutely guarantee that nothing like Newtown ever happens again ? How would you effectively and with an absolute guarantee of success put a stop to every single firearm from being smuggled into the US from Mexico or Canada and sold to.... posssibly falling into.... the hands of the wrong people and those weapons eventually being funneled down the tube to end up not only in the hands of everyday criminals but in the hands of mentally unstable people who have paranoid fantasies about settling imaginery grievances against society bearing in mind that there must be a whole legion of such individuals floating around somewhere out there among a population of 300 millions

If you could achieve all that with one hundred percent of success you might just be seen as the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and I would be the first one to become one of your disciples.

The sad and tragic reality though is that there may well be other Newtowns and there's no way of knowing when or where they'll happen

You really can't absolutely guarantee that another mass shooting won't happen, even in the UK there is no guarantee that someone won't walk into a school with an assault rifle and shoot dead some kids, although its a damn sight less likely to happen than in the U.S due to our strict gun laws.

We have strict drink driving laws but people still get killed as a result of drink driving but what is guaranteed is that a hell of a lot more people would be killed if we didn't have these laws.

Who are "some" ?

Suggesting that the NRA had something to with his death is plain stupid. I would sooner believe that Castro mught have had something to do with it since it was known by both Castro and the Soviet KGB that the Kennedy administration had for a few years beenn actively planning Castro's assassination

When you find out who it is that suggests the NRA had something to do with it, do let us know. :thumbsup:

Even on Christmas Day the shootings continue.

A 22-year-old man died early Tuesday morning in East Los Angeles. Authorities found his car smashed into a lamppost and his body riddled with bullets.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/12/east-la-driver-shot-and-killed-passenger-escapes-unharmed.html

Oh well, another gang related shooting, probably over some drug deal gone bad.

Let's all get out our violins and and handkerchiefs and have a good cry shall we?

---------- Post added 26-12-2012 at 18:25 ----------

When you find out who it is that suggests the NRA had something to do with it, do let us know. :thumbsup:

Suggested by association with the arms industry. Your post 27

I'm saying that if you take guns away you will not stop this type of crime!!

The thread title is More Shootings In USA. If you take guns away it will be difficult for someone to shoot someone else. And you accuse me of missing the point.

You really do live in a dream world of your own :hihi:

The sad and tragic reality though is that there may well be other Newtowns and there's no way of knowing when or where they'll happen

Your and buck's problem is that you think you're speaking as US citizens when you're both really speaking as representatives of the 2nd Amendment and the NRA. You're only interested in preserving the status quo that gets 6 years old kids shot dead and in order to deny that you instead resort to detailing the problems of implementing gun control. But you don't support the status quo because a change to it would be difficult in practice. You support the status quo because you support widespread gun ownership and the related massacres it inevitably brings. You just don't have the honesty to admit that you accept that schoolkids will get massacred because of the policy you support.

Of course gun control will be difficult and many people will oppose it but if you prefer 6 year olds getting shot to trying to prevent 6 year olds getting shot then that's the moral choice of a coward.

:loopy: Although i hate to have to repeat myself. i will because you still seem to be missing the point. I'm saying that if you take guns away you will not stop this type of crime!! the cause of the rise of those psychopathic people who are committing those crimes are the prozac type prescription drugs combined with the violence on TV computer games and films.:rolleyes:

I hate to repeat myself also, if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

I hate to repeat myself also, if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

They just cant get it poppins

---------- Post added 26-12-2012 at 19:13 ----------

The thread title is More Shootings In USA. If you take guns away it will be difficult for someone to shoot someone else. And you accuse me of missing the point.

Your and buck's problem is that you think you're speaking as US citizens when you're both really speaking as representatives of the 2nd Amendment and the NRA. You're only interested in preserving the status quo that gets 6 years old kids shot dead and in order to deny that you instead resort to detailing the problems of implementing gun control. But you don't support the status quo because a change to it would be difficult in practice. You support the status quo because you support widespread gun ownership and the related massacres it inevitably brings. You just don't have the honesty to admit that you accept that schoolkids will get massacred because of the policy you support.

Of course gun control will be difficult and many people will oppose it but if you prefer 6 year olds getting shot to trying to prevent 6 year olds getting shot then that's the moral choice of a coward.

I notice you clammed up on my comments about the N.I troubles.

I'll bet that even today if the IRA suddenly became active again they could arm themselves without very much trouble and I'll also bet more than a few old IRA members still have guns stashed away somewhere in their homes.

If you cant make gun control work in a piddling little province like N. Ireland why keep on attempting to "solve" the issue in this part of the world?

Since I know that not even the UK is exempt from bank robberies what kind of weapons are used in such robberies or is gun control so effective that robbers just pass notes to the tellers demanding the money and scaring them to death wearing Margaret Thatcher disguises?