More shootings in USA

Even on Christmas Day the shootings continue.

A 22-year-old man died early Tuesday morning in East Los Angeles. Authorities found his car smashed into a lamppost and his body riddled with bullets.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/12/east-la-driver-shot-and-killed-passenger-escapes-unharmed.html

Perhaps you can offer some solutions. Since you care so much.

It wouldn't be an overnight solution but repeal the 2nd amendment.

If the gun pro lobbyist have a problem with that then allow the country to vote in a seven day period around the next high school slaughter of children.

Offer that and you'll see the NRA go into cardiac arrest...and not such a bad thing at that. Children are precious, the NRA isn't.

Even on Christmas Day the shootings continue.

A 22-year-old man died early Tuesday morning in East Los Angeles. Authorities found his car smashed into a lamppost and his body riddled with bullets.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/12/east-la-driver-shot-and-killed-passenger-escapes-unharmed.html

Yup - they continue all through Christmas like this.. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/25/m6-motorway-closed-after-crash

Perhaps we should ban private ownership of these dangerous car things that kill more people that firearms ever did. Or just let licenced and safe people drive them?

Yup - they continue all through Christmas like this.. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/25/m6-motorway-closed-after-crash

Perhaps we should ban private ownership of these dangerous car things that kill more people that firearms ever did. Or just let licenced and safe people drive them?

You are making the poorest point by comparing Gun and road crash victims. Road crash fatalities are an accepted part of all cultures.

In the US many more are killed on the road than gun death. The significant difference is road death doesn't get the national reaction that gun death does. Unless you're prepared to accept gun crime and its inevitable consequences in the same way you accept motor accidents then don't whine at the tragedy of the slaughter.

In addition if you didn't have all the relevant safety checks and implementation the death tolls on roads would be significantly higher.

I'm trying hard to find within your link the victims of that M6 crash riddled with bullet holes.

Edited by skinz

Is this Sheffield forum or missingthepoint.com? the point is.

1}if you take away guns from the law abiding and not the criminals you leave the general public vulnerable.

2}the guns do not pull there own triggers, so long as there are psychopathic people being given psychoactive drugs i.e Prozac type prescription drugs then this sort of crime will always happen weather its a gun a knife or whatever weapon....

Main point is if you want to cure this you have to take away the cause and that is the psychographic people high on prescription drugs! and a warped reality from violence on t.v computer games and films..

Can you not see its the people setting the laws that are breading those psychopaths!!

They have an underlying agenda which is quite simple create a problem... wait for a reaction... then come forward with the solution to the problem they created!! this way uninformed people will see them as the good guys, and they have an excuse to take away more and more and more of our freedoms.

Is this Sheffield forum or missingthepoint.com? the point is.

1}if you take away guns from the law abiding and not the criminals you leave the general public vulnerable.

2}the guns do not pull there own triggers, so long as there are psychopathic people being given psychoactive drugs i.e Prozac type prescription drugs then this sort of crime will always happen weather its a gun a knife or whatever weapon....

Main point is if you want to cure this you have to take away the cause and that is the psychographic people high on prescription drugs! and a warped reality from violence on t.v computer games and films..

Can you not see its the people setting the laws that are breading those psychopaths!!

They have an underlying agenda which is quite simple create a problem... wait for a reaction... then come forward with the solution to the problem they created!! this way uninformed people will see them as the good guys, and they have an excuse to take away more and more and more of our freedoms.

Missing the point. A warped reality. Uninformed people. That's certainly the impression I get from your posts.

Incidentally what do they do with the psychopaths after breading them? Do they put them in the oven and have them for dinner?

Exactly my point! again! you have failed to see the the point

Your point seems to be that society deliberately breeds psychopaths through computer games. I assume you're talking from experience.

:loopy: Although i hate to have to repeat myself. i will because you still seem to be missing the point. I'm saying that if you take guns away you will not stop this type of crime!! the cause of the rise of those psychopathic people who are committing those crimes are the prozac type prescription drugs combined with the violence on TV computer games and films.:rolleyes:

:loopy: Although i hate to have to repeat myself. i will because you still seem to be missing the point. I'm saying that if you take guns away you will not stop this type of crime!! the cause of the rise of those psychopathic people who are committing those crimes are the prozac type prescription drugs combined with the violence on TV computer games and films.:rolleyes:

So how do you account for the low gun death rate in Japan, UK, Canada, Norway etc who similarly have a bent towards violent media games? Outside of greater gun control that is?

So how do you account for the low gun death rate in Japan, UK, Canada, Norway etc who similarly have a bent towards violent media games? Outside of greater gun control that is?

can you be more clear are you saying low gun death rate happens from removing Violet video game etc?:huh:

can you be more clear are you saying low gun death rate happens from removing Violet video game etc?:huh:

No, you've proposed/suggested that gun crime and violent media games are synonymous. If so why isn't the death rate higher in Japan, UK, Canada, Norway etc?