More shootings in USA

I can compare any thing I want to anything

Yes, but you do look silly if you ignore the numbers.

So it's the liberals who are responsible for all the gun massacres, is it? Columbine was carried out by liberals, was it? Lanza was exercising his right under the 2nd Amendment to train with guns, a right you support. That must make you a liberal, I suppose. Most murders in the USA are not carried out by parolled nutters, but nutters exercising their right under the 2nd Amendment with full backing from the NRA.

Some late news coming in from 1945. The Allies have recaptured France, the Netherlands and Norway. Germany has lost the 2nd World War. So much for that theory.

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 16:46 ----------

The two stories are about three (I think) shootings in Sheffield about a year apart. I'd guess that in the last 15 months we've had about half a dozen or so shootings here, not all of which have been fatal. Some have been reprisals for other shootings in that number.

Now Sheffield is slightly smaller in terms of population than Baltimore where in 2011 there were 196 homicides, not including other non-fatal shootings.

If you try to compare gun crime in the USA and UK you're going to lose every time. If you can't see why then you need help.

Ever been to Baltimore? No you haven't. Go there some time, look around and you'll know why there are so many shootings. Propriety forbids me to say more.

Dont know why you're banging on about liberals all of a sudden.

Columbine and Newtown were the work of disturbed youngsters.

Stupid adults who dont secure their weapons properly at home. lock them away in a gun safe and hide the keys must indirectly take the blame.

Are all of us supposed to be reduced to a common denominator of collective guilt because of the stupid few?.

We all live in a world of self responsibility. Cars kill people. Do we confiscate all cars because some dumb idiot gets drunk and plows his car into a queue at a bus stop killing half a dozen or more. It's happened

Ever been to Baltimore? No you haven't. Go there some time, look around and you'll know why there are so many shootings. Propriety forbids me to say more.

Dont know why you're banging on about liberals all of a sudden.

Columbine and Newtown were the work of disturbed youngsters.

Stupid adults who dont secure their weapons properly at home. lock them away in a gun safe and hide the keys must indirectly take the blame.

Are all of us supposed to be reduced to a common denominator of collective guilt because of the stupid few.

We all live in a world of self responsibility. Cars kill people. Do we confiscate all cars because some dumb idiot gets drunk and plows his car into a queue at a bus stop killing half a dozen or more. It's happened

No it doesn't. What is the cause in your opinion of the high casualty rate in Baltimore?

So it's the liberals who are responsible for all the gun massacres, is it? Columbine was carried out by liberals, was it? Lanza was exercising his right under the 2nd Amendment to train with guns, a right you support. That must make you a liberal, I suppose. Most murders in the USA are not carried out by parolled nutters, but nutters exercising their right under the 2nd Amendment with full backing from the NRA.

Some late news coming in from 1945. The Allies have recaptured France, the Netherlands and Norway. Germany has lost the 2nd World War. So much for that theory.

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 16:46 ----------

The two stories are about three (I think) shootings in Sheffield about a year apart. I'd guess that in the last 15 months we've had about half a dozen or so shootings here, not all of which have been fatal. Some have been reprisals for other shootings in that number.

Now Sheffield is slightly smaller in terms of population than Baltimore where in 2011 there were 196 homicides, not including other non-fatal shootings.

If you try to compare gun crime in the USA and UK you're going to lose every time. If you can't see why then you need help.

That's terrible enough. Those kind of things never happened in the Sheffield I grew up in. I am shocked :o What has changed in Sheffield to bring about such violence?

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 18:08 ----------

No it doesn't. What is the cause in your opinion of the high casualty rate in Baltimore?

That's for me to know and you to find out

Yes, but you do look silly if you ignore the numbers.

I suppose you do.

So it is probably relevant to say that the gun is the crime weapon of choice in the USA whilst the knife is the crime weapon of choice in the uk.

Per capita there are twice as many knife crimes in the UK as there are gun crimes in the USA.

That's terrible enough. Those kind of things never happened in the Sheffield I grew up in. I am shocked :o What has changed in Sheffield to bring about such violence?

Mainly the same things which caused you to post the following earlier in the thread:

Oh well, another gang related shooting, probably over some drug deal gone bad.

Let's all get out our violins and and handkerchiefs and have a good cry shall we?

It sounds like if a gang member in the US gets killed, you go "Meh". If a gang member in the UK gets shot at, you go "LOOK!!! You're as bad as us with guns!!!". Double standards?

I though guns were outlawed over there anyhow :huh:

No one mentioned that to the criminals.

Mainly the same things which caused you to post the following earlier in the thread:

It sounds like if a gang member in the US gets killed, you go "Meh". If a gang member in the UK gets shot at, you go "LOOK!!! You're as bad as us with guns!!!". Double standards?

In Los Angeles gang shootings have declined very significantly in the last decade due to the work of the Los Angeles Police department gang suppression units. Hiowever they do still happen occasionally for one reason or another.

Crimes of passion cause a few deaths by gunfire now and again. This is an issue where a man's honour is sometimes at stake if his wife or girlfriend is unfaithful to him.

So what happened in Sheffield over the years that brought gangs into existence and armed with guns? The race track gangs existed back in the 1930/40s but they used razors to settle their grievances

Edited by Harleyman

You think? Extraordinary.

Thanks for that comment. Just proves that gun control never applies to the criminals

That's too bad, I'm sure they would have turned in their guns right away :roll: