Ridgeway Arms Mosborough

alan p

I went for a special birthday meal at the Ridgeway Arms on Saturday 22nd in the evening, what a big disappointment. The food was a disgrace it was cold it looked as though it had been thrown on the plates, meals were missing and my nephew sent his meal back because it was cold and had a long hair in it. I sent my meal back twice and in the end told them to keep it. They had our menu and money around 3weeks prior. I certainly won't be recommending them.

If you pay for cheap crap you shouldn't be surprised to be served cheap crap.

I saw a sign outside a cafe in Chesterfield yesterday. Breakfast £1.99. I suppose they think that attracts folk in. If you are sensible it should put you off.

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 16:38 ----------

but still pretty rubbish.

Try setting your standards a bit higher and avoid chain pubs altogether. It's worth a few extra quid.

The Old Vicarage is just round the corner and does serve quality food.

If you pay for cheap crap you shouldn't be surprised to be served cheap crap.

I saw a sign outside a cafe in Chesterfield yesterday. Breakfast £1.99. I suppose they think that attracts folk in. If you are sensible it should put you off.

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 16:38 ----------

The Old Vicarage is just round the corner and does serve quality food.

I agree with you Uptown girl, although I doubt that the clientele who enjoy microwave food at places like Ridgway Arms and Phoenix, cooked by "cooks" rather than trained chefs, would come anywhere near appreciating a place like the Old Vicarage. But there are plenty of places in between that serve very good food at pub prices - but not two for a tenner.

It's a short drive from the Ridgway Arms and Phoenix to the Devonshire at Middle Handley for example. Or if that is too eclectic then the Cricket at Totley Bents. Even the Inn at Troway, which is also nearby, and has it's detractors, would be a far better bet than Ridgway Arms, Phoenix, Moss Brook etc.

It's 'ok' in the ridgeway, but you get what you pay for.

There's a reason it's so cheap in there.

If you're looking for a 'bargain' pub that does it a bit better, try the belfry.

It's not spectacular by any means, however it's better 'crap' than your usual chain pub lunches.

If you want better than this, then expect to pay a bit more.

It's a short drive from the Ridgway Arms and Phoenix to the Devonshire at Middle Handley for example. Or if that is too eclectic then the Cricket at Totley Bents. Even the Inn at Troway, which is also nearby, and has it's detractors, would be a far better bet than Ridgway Arms, Phoenix, Moss Brook etc.

I do wish you would stop lumping The Moss in with the others, totally different beast.

It's 'ok' in the ridgeway, but you get what you pay for.

There's a reason it's so cheap in there.

If you're looking for a 'bargain' pub that does it a bit better, try the belfry.

It's not spectacular by any means, however it's better 'crap' than your usual chain pub lunches.

If you want better than this, then expect to pay a bit more.

The Belfry and Ridgeway are both owned by the Spirit pub company and are both branded as Flaming Grill's I would think one would be pretty much same as the other.