Thefts in Gleadless Valley

I stand by my statement, any body that leaves anything of value in full view in their car is negligent, And the op thinks so as well, any body that thinks that if he/she left a wallet on the seat of a car in full view and expects it to be still there when they returned are not of this world in my opinion.

whith regards to street justice i have dished a bit out myself but who will get the longer sentence the person nicking out of a car or the person dishing out the GBH

Gleadly

what's the V (for vendetta) in your profile for? "have another look"

Why are people taking for granted the perp was from the area ? he could have been passing through, maybe from Dore or Totley.

Did you call the police? They'll probably sell it to Cash Converters on Newfield Green so let the police know and try and give them as many details as possible.

Seriously, check down cash converters in a few days, it will be in there if it's new.

Really sorry to hear that and thanks for passing it on.

I'm not being funny but why didnt you put it in the boot, would have saved a whole lot of aggro

i live in gleadless valley an have never experienced any crime around here, it's not fair that we are all being tarred with the same brush when the majority of us are law abiding :(

100% right getting totally fed up of people making snidy comments of course there is low lifes up here like most estates but never seen any major trouble especialy now the doors have secure locks on them

Can you take any consolation in the fact that the majority of programes that the thief watches on his il-gotten TV will be crap?

No it wasn't. It was the fault of the pond life Gleadless scum who stole it.

Lets hope the get caught next time and are given a right pasting!

Please dont tar all of us on Gleadless Valley with the same brush, there are more decent people here that there are scum, one of these scum is in court this week for burglary but he will get let off as hes only fourteen years old.

The police know who all these scumbags are but its getting the evidence, Just remember we are not all scum .

I've lived in Gleadless for 6 years, never experianced any crime, but there has been things happeing in the area.

Why are people giving this area such a bad name, crime happens everywhere!! it dosen't mean its a bad place full of scum. Hard working people with jobs live in this area.

Please dont tar all of us on Gleadless Valley with the same brush, there are more decent people here that there are scum, one of these scum is in court this week for burglary but he will get let off as hes only fourteen years old.

The police know who all these scumbags are but its getting the evidence, Just remember we are not all scum .

I haven't tarred all of you with the same brush.

stop being so defensive, its pathetic.

For the record i lived on Gleadless (various parts) for 30 years.

I moved recently cos i was sick to the back teeth of not being able to have nice things without the Gleadless scum wanting to take it or break it.

Best thing i ever did.

---------- Post added 25-12-2012 at 10:17 ----------

I've lived in Gleadless for 6 years, never experianced any crime, but there has been things happeing in the area.

Why are people giving this area such a bad name, crime happens everywhere!! it dosen't mean its a bad place full of scum. Hard working people with jobs live in this area.

Gleadless is a big place.

Trust me there are parts of it that are like Helmand.

If there was oil there the yanks would have paid you a visit by now.

Can you take any consolation in the fact that the majority of programes that the thief watches on his il-gotten TV will be crap?

They don't steal them to watch them, it's probably sold for their next 'fix'. OP should not blame themselves on what was something most of us do at some time. The blame lies fairly and squarely with the low-life scroat who thinks its okay to damage somebodys property and steal a childs present:roll::roll:

They don't steal them to watch them, it's probably sold for their next 'fix'. OP should not blame themselves on what was something most of us do at some time. The blame lies fairly and squarely with the low-life scroat who thinks its okay to damage somebodys property and steal a childs present:roll::roll:

I do it all the time. Mainly with my phone. When I get in the car I usually throw it on the seat, and then when I get in the house I have to go out again to get it lol. Really annoys me, but personally I try to never leave the car with valuables in it, not even in the boot.