Sellotape problems

Use Gaffa tape instead - dead easy to find the end of the tape.

The answer is one of these :)

You put your tape in the dispenser when it's new, so it's got a marker on the end, and then you don't take it out until it's all gone :)

Medusa, I have the utmost respect for you ... however, this a is a daft Sellotape link.

Best way to apply a sticky backed, see through present wrapping derivative, is to simply cut the product into strips of about two inches (using scissors) I'm not an expert on millimetres, but I believe it to be around 52) and stick it onto furniture.

Simply peel them off the coffee table when required (using pliers or tweezers).

'Pledge' or beeswax (even Mr Sheen, on a good day) will restore any superficial adhesive damage to even the most stubborn John Lewis Cuban mahogany. Even if it's just Cuprinol impregnated spruce and fence stain.:)

Edited by Alcoblog

Use Gaffa tape instead - dead easy to find the end of the tape.

only if the gaffer lets you?

Cut through the roll with a sharp knife and flaten it out.Admitedly the pieces of sellotape (other brands of adhesive tape are available) will all be about 6" long but that should long enough for most present wrapping requirements. You will easily be able to find both ends of each piece.

I tried this very expert advice once, Mr.Teeth. A+E had a hell of a job sewing my fingers back on though. (I think they just used the Sellotape in the end , to be honest ... not sure though, as I was unconscious due to blood loss)

I tried this very expert advice once, Mr.Teeth. A+E had a hell of a job sewing my fingers back on though. (I think they just used the Sellotape in the end , to be honest ... not sure though, as I was unconscious due to blood loss)

Why not contact A&E and ask them how they found the end of the tape.

Or, take your parcels to A&E and get them to wrap the presents.

Now in possession of all the facts I can understand why you have difficulty in finding the end of the sellotape.The ends of your fingers are too blunt.I still suggest you use my method but this time find yourself a dupe or,if you will,stooge to undertake the duties with the knife.A stout pair of gloves may be worth considering.

It says on the webpage that it has been discontinued.

That's because I bought them all ;)

Actually, I only bought 2 of them, but they're darned handy for those of us who don't have a hand spare to find the end of the roll :)

---------- Post added 23-12-2012 at 23:23 ----------

Medusa, I have the utmost respect for you ... however, this a daft Sellotape link.

Best way to apply a sticky backed, see through present wrapping derivative, is to simply cut the product into strips of about two inches (using scissors) I'm not an expert on millimetres, but I believe it to be around 52) and stick it onto furniture.

Simply peel them off the coffee table when required (using pliers or tweezers).

'Pledge' or beeswax (even Mr Sheen, on a good day) will restore any superficial adhesive damage to even the most stubborn John Lewis Cuban mahogany. Even if it's just Cuprinol impregnated spruce and fence stain.:)

Sorry, but that's way too complicated for me. Just getting the sticky backed see through present wrapping derivative cut into 2" long strips takes more than one working hand (and I'm sadly lacking in that department). One handed tape dispensers are the way forwards if you have a lack of functioning upper limbs.

The method I use to find the end is as follows.

Rub the roll of tape on the carpet (all the way around) I do mean rub as opposed to just rolling it. Go all the way around about twice. Invariably you will see a small black line appears where the end is (due to the slight stickyness of the very end adhering to any fine dirt on the carpet). Works for me.

Best idea yet, multi task too, would pick up the crumbs.

That's because I bought them all ;)

Actually, I only bought 2 of them, but they're darned handy for those of us who don't have a hand spare to find the end of the roll :)

---------- Post added 23-12-2012 at 23:23 ----------

Sorry, but that's way too complicated for me. Just getting the sticky backed see through present wrapping derivative cut into 2" long strips takes more than one working hand (and I'm sadly lacking in that department). One handed tape dispensers are the way forwards if you have a lack of functioning upper limbs.

You're very good with comps medusa ... I'm not! I know a thing or two about Sellotape though! ... sadly, not the end.

I really hate it when having eventually found the end you peel it away and the damn tape shreds and leaves you with a thin tapering strip which winds its way around your fingers. Then you have to find all the stray bits and peel them off and then find the end again.

Best idea yet, multi task too, would pick up the crumbs.

I have a few American friends poppins (and Canadian). However, I'd be slightly offended if my Christmas presents were adorned with Beef Jerky impregnated Sellotape, just in a process to keep your carpet clean. :hihi:

(Have a great Christmas anyway!)

---------- Post added 23-12-2012 at 23:52 ----------

I really hate it when having eventually found the end you peel it away and the damn tape shreds and leaves you with a thin tapering strip which winds its way around your fingers. Then you have to find all the stray bits and peel them off and then find the end again.

I odtn wnok whta ouy neam!