Sellotape problems

Last minuite stuff here, adnittedly (I use the previous smelling mistake for good reason). Where the Hell is the end of the Sellotape! There's only 360 degrees to a circle for Gods sake ... even I know that!

Is WH Smith's taking over from Stephen Hawking. I've spent over seventeen hours trying to find the ****** end, to wrap up a jar of Gold Marmite (in celebratory brown wrapping paper) The end of the Sellotape is in another space-time dimension/continuum (I believe the Moon).

If anyone who has expertise in rocketry science or maybe has a spare space rocket (not directly adhered to reindeer), can they please advise?

Edited by Alcoblog

Run your fingernail around it and eventually you'll find it (unless you're going the wrong way of course) Folding the end around helps, but I suppose you gotta find it in the first place :hihi:

I have the same issues with a loose roll of cling film! :)

When wrapping presents, I use my linen tester to find that elusive end.

I hate those big rolls of it, I turn the end under for the next time I use it, if I can catch it in time before it sticks back to the roll .i once took a razor blade to one trying to start it, I cut right through 10 layers and just little pieces came off , I threw it out and bought a new one.

Try rubbing a little flour or talc on it, it might work. Then again it might not because I've never tried it. :D

i dont have the selotape issue ,as i wrap my presents in old newspaper( chip shop style) ,and i tend to find ,with practice ,that this method works well ,and the presents stay wrapped , with the added bonus i dont spend any money on wrapping paper. The only downside is the recipients of said gifts usually assume im trying to start a game of pass the parcel .

Here they sell different size gift bags, I get mine from the dollar store. You just put your gift in the bag and stuff coloured tissue in top. The bags are passed around for years, you know you'll get it back on your birthday etc, it's an excellent way to recycle Alco. :cool:

The answer is one of these :)

You put your tape in the dispenser when it's new, so it's got a marker on the end, and then you don't take it out until it's all gone :)

The answer is one of these :)

You put your tape in the dispenser when it's new, so it's got a marker on the end, and then you don't take it out until it's all gone :)

It says on the webpage that it has been discontinued.

The method I use to find the end is as follows.

Rub the roll of tape on the carpet (all the way around) I do mean rub as opposed to just rolling it. Go all the way around about twice. Invariably you will see a small black line appears where the end is (due to the slight stickyness of the very end adhering to any fine dirt on the carpet). Works for me.

Cut through the roll with a sharp knife and flaten it out.Admitedly the pieces of sellotape (other brands of adhesive tape are available) will all be about 6" long but that should long enough for most present wrapping requirements. You will easily be able to find both ends of each piece.