Genuine question: Why does moderator input tend to kill a thread?

Brown nose :roll:

Is there any need for a comment like that?...he's saying what 'he' feels...It might not be your view...if it isn't put your point of view!

I heard there was this thing called PM on the forum. In all my many years of moderating I've never sent replies to people via email for the reasons you detail above, they can just go missing.

People who don't have a forum account can't use the PM facility. Neither can people who have a problem signing in to their account, people who are having a technical problem staying signed in to the forum or those who are suspended.

On top of that, if the PM system was used then you would have to PM one individual admin, which would rely on that admin being available in suitable time to help you (which is not always the case) and that could lead to a lot longer response time and if you were having problems with your account you couldn't read it anyway.

Yet it can guarantee delivery. Seems there needs to be a bit of work on this, especailly since tickets are abundantly not being answered.

Is it really necessary to incur a ban just because you feel like insulting other users? Stop that line of attack right there.

Sorry I forgot to put a smily too, I though he would "get it" :)

Is there a set period to be a moderator or can the same people continue indefinitely?

---------- Post added 23-12-2012 at 23:57 ----------

I got you:D

Yet it can guarantee delivery. Seems there needs to be a bit of work on this, especailly since tickets are abundantly not being answered.

How can it guarantee delivery to a non-existent account? The PM system is not a way forwards.

Is there any need for a comment like that?...he's saying what 'he' feels...It might not be your view...if it isn't put your point of view!

Now I thought poppins was just being slightly humourous and that alcoblog is not unknown for his occasional dig.

Hardly warrants the threat of a ban. Does it?

Did anyone report that post?

Did alcoblog find it offensive?

Is there a set period to be a moderator or can the same people continue indefinitely?

There's no set period. If there was a set period then the admins' life would be a constant revolving door of recruitment and training, so I'd rather it was 'however long you're happy to do it' :)

I understand poppins. I don't get easily offended. Have a great Christmas! :partyhat:

There's no set period. If there was a set period then the admins' life would be a constant revolving door of recruitment and training, so I'd rather it was 'however long you're happy to do it' :)

Thanks Medusa

How can it guarantee delivery to a non-existent account? The PM system is not a way forwards.

Oddly though it's worked for me for the last 18 years....

Ah well never mind.

Now I thought poppins was just being slightly humourous and that alcoblog is not unknown for his occasional dig.

Hardly warrants the threat of a ban. Does it?

Did anyone report that post?

Did alcoblog find it offensive?

Nah, let's have a free for all.

Sometimes you just can't bloody win, people ask for early intervention from the moderators to stop a thread deteriorating into farce, when that happens they're too harsh, When they don't, resulting in an irreparable thread that's deleted they face the same moans and accusations of being heavy handed, do you see that. ?

Btw if i'm "brown nosing" here what a shame, you'll just have to live with it, or grow up. :)