Genuine question: Why does moderator input tend to kill a thread?

Then why doesn't he post his own conspiracy theories instead of having you do it. ? :huh:

Who has posted a conspiract study? Also he is in Kenya.:roll:

It's like when the boss walks into the canteen & the price of power I'm afraid

Uneasy hangs the head that wears the crown.:D

Edited by Doctrine

PeteMorris, you got it wrong. It happens. It's good experience. You know this.

Anyway, as regards your OP, it's like this...

Some mods grow leaden feet and often become disliked and ridiculed by the normal people. They stand out and are identified by users as being a bit obnoxious through their inappropriate choice of words.

Everyone knows who these mods are, The users know, you know, they know. Those mods are the why moderator input in general can kill a thread.

Then there are the other kind of mods. The ones that develop fleet feet and are rarely noticed. On the occasions that they need to be heard it's when most of the normal people agree with them anyway, so it's a breeze and no heavy attitude needed in the course of normal duties. They say what they need to say, do some trimming, do a bit of post editing, maybe drop a couple of PM's, then move on, everything's lovely. Nobody noticed, and no egos were either massaged or bruised.

You're new and so far you look to be in the second camp, but who knows how you will turn out in the end.

Remember, it's only the internet.

The best way to get the excellent mods is to pay them £1,000 per week.:D

Somebody who I now well informs me that in their opinion mods tend to close threads and issue bans without the poster being aware of the reason for the thread closure and ban.They tell me that they never consult the help desk as the system is far from satisfactory and far too long winded. Thus mods do tend to kill threads because the person I spoke to suspect that they have an alerior motive.

The person I know suggested that when mods ban anyone or pull their thread they should first pm them telling them exactly what the objection and problem was.

There was a time when ever a thread was closed, deleted or moved, the moderator had to enter a reason, and an "SFBot" would message the original thread starter with the reason automatically!

There was a time when ever a thread was closed, deleted or moved, the moderator had to enter a reason, and an "SFBot" would message the original thread starter with the reason automatically!

Why did that stop? Surely if someone is banned or their thread pulled they have a right to know why?

Why did that stop? Surely if someone is banned or their thread pulled they have a right to know why?

Sometimes it's blatantly obvious:

Links with no posts

Swearing

Abuse

Masked swearing

Post boosting - not adding to the content of the thread.

It's almost as if people post without reading the rules they sign up too.

Sometimes it's blatantly obvious:

Links with no posts

Swearing

Abuse

Masked swearing

Post boosting - not adding to the content of the thread.

It's almost as if people post without reading the rules they sign up too.

So on other occasions it is not blatantly obvious?;)

If i had a post or thread pulled i would surely die. :hihi:

FGS why don't people just get on with it, it's not like it's real life. :loopy:

So on other occasions it is not blatantly obvious?;)

You're quite right sometimes it isn't especially by the poster,they may not feel they've done anything wrong.

I only mentioned the obvious ones 'cos they're the ones that have been mentioned and they are also the ones i personally delete instantly.

If i had a post or thread pulled i would surely die. :hihi:

FGS why don't people just get on with it, it's not like it's real life. :loopy:

BUT the thread was started by a mod presumably because he was after some feedback? I am merely responding to a question that was asked. I know that it is only internet stuff.:(