Apollo Moon Astronaut in Sheffield

The idea is that this is the start of a series of lectures, so if people can support this one, who knows who we can get for the next one.

Should point out, Ed Gibson was Capcom during the EVA of Apollo 12. Making him one of only 12 men to speak to people on the Moon.

He has a great story and is a genuinely nice guy.

Hope people will support it

Here is the flyer again

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/nkmcenaney/EdGibsonposjpeg_zps87f306fc.jpg

This event will be excellent and will be an insight in to spaceflight through the early days.

To those who question the facts about Spaceflight, this event is not for you.

Thanks

How have we come up with a sum off money like £45'000

Is this spaceman taking the pxxs

Quite incredible. I will be closing this thread.

Thank you to the people who were genuinely interested, I hope to see you in October.

To the rest who have mainly criticized, thank you for your comments but you are part of a group of people who, no matter what, cannot be convinced about anything.

Quite incredible. I will be closing this thread.

Thank you to the people who were genuinely interested, I hope to see you in October.

To the rest who have mainly criticized, thank you for your comments but you are part of a group of people who, no matter what, cannot be convinced about anything.

Is there a Facebook page?

My point is why do you need to get the people of Sheffield in this economic climate do sponsor a talk when there are much more important things that need money like the NHS so that this operation can be available over here. We really don't need this do we, what is the point of it? Who in Sheffield is going to benefit?

There might be no point to you, but to others there might be.

Off topic bickering removed - if you wish to re-hash the whole moon landing debate please do so elsewhere.

I would love to meet an Apollo astronaut ...

There might be no point to you, but to others there might be.

Would you or OP like to tell me what it is?

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 20:17 ----------

I would love to meet an Apollo astronaut ...

You'd find it much more enlightening meeting 2 year old Lillie

Maybe....but I would still love to hear an Apollo astronaut speak.

Maybe you should speak to mr clegg while he is in sheffield and get him to explain how the government can fund 35 billion pounds on a train set that nobody will use, but cannot adequately fund the country's health service, schools and public services.

I personally support Sheffield children's hospital charity. Astronomy is a personal interest of mine.

if he goes on the moor he will think he his on the moon,

Why can't SCC organise a moon mission? It would be a far better use of council tax payers money that most of the rubbish that they currently spend it on.