Apollo Moon Astronaut in Sheffield

It was facinating watching men walk on the moon, but our challange is to raise £50,000 for surgery so Lillie is given a chance to be able to walk unaided on planet earth.

It was facinating watching men walk on the moon, but our challange is to raise £50,000 for surgery so Lillie is given a chance to be able to walk unaided on planet earth.

Always a difficult one this.

On a grander scale should Barrack Obama be giving NASA more funds to have a manned mission to Mars /asteroids and then into deep space or should that funding be spent on hospitals?

My view is that man has to move forward and experiment. We are a land of explorers that pushes the boundaries of humanity. Science is the future and finding out more about who we are and what fascinating discoveries that will happen in the future.

We could spend this money on hospitals / care etc. but if we had done that in the past we would have been slower to evolve and progress and still be living in caves.

Well at least the USA will be getting £50.000 of money raised in this country.

But i do see what your saying.

You could get someone to pose as the guy-if they had their space-gear on who would know the difference?

And if he does come to sheffield will he finaly tell us the truth that the moon landings did'nt happen and it was all a con.

And if he does come to sheffield will he finaly tell us the truth that the moon landings did'nt happen and it was all a con.

Oh dear......

Conspiracy theorists that have bad grammar are the worst :roll:

I am sure you are SO well informed about this Kal?

Satellites have well documented pictures of all the lunar landings and the flag and plaque are still there. I suppose we don't have a spacecraft Rover on Mars either. Have both Voyagers left our solar system?

C'mon Kal let us all know!

It's great what you are doing for this little girl but who are you to judge what people can and can't raise money for ? I'll pledge nothing to both, but good luck anyway.

happy christmas to you too grinch, bah humbug

I am trying to raise money to bring one of the 24 Men who went to the Moon to Sheffield.

Nigel

There were six successful moon landings. Each carried three men. I make that 18 men altogether, of which 12 got out and had a look round. If the person you're thinking of paying to come over here claims to be between the 19th and 24th man to land on the moon I'd think very carefully about handing any money over.

Here here. Dont get me wrong, I'm totally fascinated by the moon landings, space missions and all things intergalactic in general, I really am, but I dont care much for individuals that think they're celebrities and charge ridiculous fee's to grace us with their presence, when money would be better spent elsewhere.

Shall we put the Olympics on to your list, the royal family ?........ All that money that could have been put to better use like the NHS, OAP's , homeless.... thought not :(

Oh dear......

Conspiracy theorists that have bad grammar are the worst :roll:

I am sure you are SO well informed about this Kal?

Satellites have well documented pictures of all the lunar landings and the flag and plaque are still there. I suppose we don't have a spacecraft Rover on Mars either. Have both Voyagers left our solar system?

C'mon Kal let us all know!

Just out of interest, WHO'S satellites have well documented the lunar landings with pictures of the flag and lunar rover etc?

Nigel if you want to raise money we are looking for sponsors to help a little 2 year old girl who has cerebal palsy be able to walk and play like any other child, she needs to have the operation in the USA because our NHS is so cash strapped that we can't train anyone over here in this field. Maybe we should get our priorities right. See link

In this instance I totally agree.

happy christmas to you too grinch, bah humbug

Have a good one...