GP surgeries tomorrow

Does anyone know if gp surgeries should be operating normal hours tomorrow please?

I have an awful chest infection and the tablets prescribed will run out tomorrow (antibiotics and steroids)

I know I can just ring tomorrow and find out, but I suspect there will be many people trying to get through to gps (norovirus, flu etc) so I am trying to think ahead.

I am still coughing violently at night, despite trying to sleep propped up in armchair, breathless when talking or doing least little thing, although there is some improvement.

Why do these things come at the most awkward possible times? I suppose I should be thankful that at least I am not flooded out like some poor folk.

Thanks for any help.

You'd probably need to find information specific to your surgery.

Do you want to tell us which surgery? ... there may be someone that knows.

In the event of it being closed, you can go along to the Walk-In Centre. If you take your prescription counterfoil with you, they would usually give you a prescription to tide you over.

http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/walk-in/

Sorry, yes I don't mind saying its Upwell St surgery in S4. Their website doesn't mention any specific details on holiday opening times.

I suppose I assumed there would be a general rule for all. Perhaps there is someone who has an appointment there for tomorrow who wouldn't mind saying so.

Unfortunately I didn't think to keep the counterfoils. I will have a look at your link.

Your GP surgery will be open as normal tomorrow

Thanks Diablo, I'll be on the phone from the earliest possible time, hope I get through.