Smoking in the Street

I think you are in a minority, most non smokers are inconsiderate , want it all their own way , complainers and generally have an "I dont like it so it should be banned " attitude.

What a refreshing change to hear a non smoker with your views.

There are a lot of us non smokers like that out there. However your forgetting it was the former smokers that brought this stupid anti smoking legislation in. Tony Blair and John Reid were both former smokers, Ash (the anti smoking nazis) are mostly former smokers that quit smoking so feel everyone else should do the same.

And my new year's resolution is to launch a campaign for the price to be increased to £15 a packet of 20 ... up yours!

you make me LOL:roll: get going with your campaign

And my new year's resolution is to launch a campaign for the price to be increased to £15 a packet of 20 ... up yours![/quote

Oh you are naive, it wouldn't bother me. Never heard of Adinkerke, Belgium ?

UP YOURS !!!!! :loopy:

And my new year's resolution is to launch a campaign for the price to be increased to £15 a packet of 20 ... up yours!

Wont make any difference to me........... i have been buying mine "Knock Off" for years , i pay no tax or duty on mine, so it wouldnt matter how much the Government increased the price .

And my new year's resolution is to launch a campaign for the price to be increased to £15 a packet of 20 ... up yours![/quote

Oh you are naive, it wouldn't bother me. Never heard of Adinkerke, Belgium ?

UP YOURS !!!!! :loopy:

Not much cheaper over the channel actually, I can just console myself you have to pay £100 to get there and back from your smuggling expedition to fuel your revolting habit. Or if you actually live there, serves you right for living in such a depressing country.

Not much cheaper over the channel actually, I can just console myself you have to pay £100 to get there and back from your smuggling expedition to fuel your revolting habit. Or if you actually live there, serves you right for living in such a depressing country.

Oh you are VERY, VERY NAIVE !!!!

They are about half the price they are here.!!!!!

I get a ferry crossing for car and up to 5 people for about £40 return !!!!!

And for your information, I don't have to SMUGGLE any back, they are ALL for my own use so I can bring back as many as I want.

No I don't live in Belgium, I'm quite happy living here, annoying people like you.

What about all those smokers who buy duty free and smuggled goods-this really places the skids under your wheels?

Smoking duty more than covers NHS treatment for smoking related diseases, to the tune of about forty billion. They would get more if people didn't buy boot leg stuff but hey well, it gives the government and extra forty bill to pay for all the scroungers and spongers and hangers on.

You know the ones, they don't pay a bean into society and only take. There the ones who have screwed this country up well and good.

If smoking was banned it would only put other tax's up for the hard workers. They wouldn't take it off the scroungers.

This is not my quote.

This quote is from Sedith.

agree I was told by a bus driver when I got on his bus, not to smoke (and I was'nt in a bus bus shelter. told him to mind his own xxxxxxx business

I assume he told you to get back off and walk then, I would have done.

---------- Post added 31-12-2012 at 10:30 ----------

Oh you are VERY, VERY NAIVE !!!!

They are about half the price they are here.!!!!!

I get a ferry crossing for car and up to 5 people for about £40 return !!!!!

And for your information, I don't have to SMUGGLE any back, they are ALL for my own use so I can bring back as many as I want.

No I don't live in Belgium, I'm quite happy living here, annoying people like you.

Do you travel for free to the south coast then?

---------- Post added 31-12-2012 at 10:31 ----------

This is not my quote.

This quote is from Sedith.

So edit your post and correct the screwed up quote markers.

Went in a pub, The real fire was nice , smoke billowing out the hearth and up the outside front of the chimney breast. Looked through the smoky air to the other side of the bar where the eating was being done to see every table had candles lit and smoking. Someone walked in and another billow of smoke puffed out the fire. 2 old lads with dogs that had been in the muddy park . Dogs were laid under the tables , on the carpet panting and sniffing each others 'under tails area' nice ! A young lady reached down and stroked one of them. A woman passed me with far too much perfume on it faded after about 15 seconds to reveal a cooking smell that caught my nose not so pleasantly. Then some person amongst the crowd at the bar let one go , it permeated slowly causing a reaction on those people stood around... I just had to go outside .... On lighting my cig a big lorry stopped nearby at the crossroads belching diesel smoke . I decided to move further away round the side of the pub and almost trod in some dog muck. Whilst smoking my ciggy I was disturbed by some workmen polluting the air with the noise of an angle grinder taking pointing out of a house next door. That mixed with the thump thump of the music from a wedding reception disco quickly made me finish my cig and go back in the pub. I decided to eat so went into the dining room bar and took a seat , avoiding an old lady burping near the door . I was OK ( other than the black smoke coming off the candles ) , until they brought mackerel to the table next to me , something that turns my stomach. I , unnoticed, swapped tables and waited for the waitress to come then someone from the wedding came through with a plate of chopped up wedding cake ..... yuk Marzipan .... That was IT .... I was so sick once when I was young after eating a tiny bit of marzipan that even now 40 + years later it retches my stomach , I just had to leave . Passing people with colds , flu and all manner of viruses on the way out , oh , and a man ( also on his way out ) complaining he had trod in some Shxte and walked dog poo all over the pub carpet. I couldn't smell the dog poo on his shoes as he had such a bad sweaty smell and stunk of stale beer , well he was the Landlord ! ......I was glad to be back outside , where , once again I could light up my ciggy.

Edited by deedah
improvement

Do you travel for free to the south coast then?

No, if going by car I time it to coincide with visiting my mom who lives down south, so I'd be paying for the petrol anyway.

You can get coach trips from South Yorkshire to Belgium for the princely sum of £40 each for the day.

Went in a pub, The real fire was nice , smoke billowing out the hearth and up the outside front of the chimney breast. Looked through the smoky air to the other side of the bar where the eating was being done to see every table had candles lit and smoking. Someone walked in and another billow of smoke puffed out the fire. 2 old lads with dogs that had been in the muddy park . Dogs were laid under the tables , on the carpet panting and sniffing each others 'under tails area' nice ! A young lady reached down and stroked one of them. A woman passed me with far too much perfume on it faded after about 15 seconds to reveal a cooking smell that caught my nose not so pleasantly. Then some person amongst the crowd at the bar let one go , it permeated slowly causing a reaction on those people stood around... I just had to go outside .... On lighting my cig a big lorry stopped nearby at the crossroads belching diesel smoke . I decided to move further away round the side of the pub and almost trod in some dog muck. Whilst smoking my ciggy I was disturbed by some workmen polluting the air with the noise of an angle grinder taking pointing out of a house next door. That mixed with the thump thump of the music from a wedding reception disco quickly made me finish my cig and go back in the pub. I decided to eat so went into the dining room bar and took a seat , avoiding an old lady burping near the door . I was OK ( other than the black smoke coming off the candles ) , until they brought mackerel to the table next to me , something that turns my stomach. I , unnoticed, swapped tables and waited for the waitress to come then someone from the wedding came through with a plate of chopped up wedding cake ..... yuk Marzipan .... That was IT .... I was so sick once when I was young after eating a tiny bit of marzipan that even now 40 + years later it retches my stomach , I just had to leave . Passing people with colds , flu and all manner of viruses on the way out , oh , and a man ( also on his way out ) complaining he had trod in some Shxte and walked dog poo all over the pub carpet. I couldn't smell the dog poo on his shoes as he had such a bad sweaty smell and stunk of stale beer , well he was the Landlord ! ......I was glad to be back outside , where , once again I could light up my ciggy.

that was superb something for everybody there i think. note to the anti smoking brigade out there be careful what you wish for. you WILL be next don't think it will end at that:rant: