Jessops demolition megathread

At least its confirmed what i always thought that petitions and protests against governments and councils never achieve anything.I signed it and gave it a shot though.It just proves that all these protests against government cuts are going to achieve nothing.

Yep, damn this democracy, how dare the council side with the majority of people.

I don't know how this is at all related to the cuts but i see plenty of the complain brigade trying to stop cutbacks. Fat chance they will provide viable alternatives though, i swear they want us to end up like greece/cyprus and keep spending money we don't have.

Why don't we just take the winter fuel allowance off the pensioners and let them freeze to death. That way the council could foot the bill for don valley/stocksbridge/the airport which you lot fail to use but oh so don't want to see disappear.

Get real :rolleyes:

A sad day indeed.

"Highly respected university attracts more talent.Sad day for City"Don't tell me,Sheffield Star is it?

Yep, damn this democracy, how dare the council side with the majority of people.

I don't know how this is at all related to the cuts but i see plenty of the complain brigade trying to stop cutbacks. Fat chance they will provide viable alternatives though, i swear they want us to end up like greece/cyprus and keep spending money we don't have.

Why don't we just take the winter fuel allowance off the pensioners and let them freeze to death. That way the council could foot the bill for don valley/stocksbridge/the airport which you lot fail to use but oh so don't want to see disappear.

Get real :rolleyes:

I am not against the cuts,I don't want to lose more money I have lost too much already.I was just saying protests achieve nothing.

Great news, common sense prevails.

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 13:57 ----------

I am not against the cuts,I don't want to lose more money I have lost too much already.I was just saying protests achieve nothing.

Protests achieve plenty if the majority of the people support them. When it's 0.7% of the local population, they're rightly going to be ignored or politely dismissed.

Great news, common sense prevails.

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 13:57 ----------

Protests achieve plenty if the majority of the people support them. When it's 0.7% of the local population, they're rightly going to be ignored or politely dismissed.

Occupy did not achieve anything,student protests did not change anything,anti war protests did not work.I cannot think of any that have in this country.I remember greenham common airbase having the CND camped outside for year's but the missiles stayed there throughout the cold war.

I like the way they say it will make sheffielders proud.It is going to change all our lives is it.I find little to be proud of about Sheffield.Just my opinion of course.

Demolition of Jessops beautiful old Edwardian Wing is due to start despite it being listed - lost appeal. One last chance to prick the university's conscience. Please sign petition.

.http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/don-t-undermine-the-listed-buildings-system-save-grade-ii-listed-edwardian-jessop-hospital

Why bother, an online petition isn't going to stop the bulldozers.

It will go ahead as planned, stop worrying about it cos there's nothing you can do anymore.

hear hear.horrible building and a eyesore,new building will look great,seen photoes of what it will look like.very modern