Jessops demolition megathread

I've signed this! The old hospital wings could be converted into superb flats or even townhouses to attract more families into the central area and near the University.

Well there we have it,money talks and the university is getting its way.I along with a lot of other people will be gutted with the decision and means sheffield is now open to grade 2 listed buildings to be demolished at will.Its my last word on the subject.If the council want to erase sheffields past then so be it.:sad:

Hurray! great to see the council using some common sense. Our universities are probably the only aspect of Sheffield left which still out-shines the likes of Leeds. Their continued interest in redeveloping Sheffield with considered investments, benefiting the both surrounding businesses and providing future generations with excellent facilities, is great to see.

At last we see the council ignoring the minority groups, who for some unfortunate reason they have had too loud a voice in the past. They just seem determined to stop to any kind of progression within Sheffield.

Edited by sputty

Well there we have it,money talks and the university is getting its way.I along with a lot of other people will be gutted with the decision and means sheffield is now open to grade 2 listed buildings to be demolished at will.Its my last word on the subject.If the council want to erase sheffields past then so be it.:sad:

Has it all been OKed by Eric Pickles then?

Has it all been OKed by Eric Pickles then?

According to tonights star he's given it the greenlight to go ahead.

At last we see the council ignoring the minority groups, who for some unfortunate reason they have had too loud a voice in the past. They just seem determined to stop to any kind of progression within Sheffield.

You mean the small number of nearly 5,000 people who signed a petition?

4,076 as I post.

That was one of the big faults of the campaign - far too prone to exaggeration

According to tonights star he's given it the greenlight to go ahead.

A sad day indeed.

Yes. An entirely insignificant number compared to the other 547,724 Sheffielders who didn't sign it because they would prefer a nice new university campus :rolleyes:. Cant always keep the 0.73% happy i'm afraid.

At least its confirmed what i always thought that petitions and protests against governments and councils never achieve anything.I signed it and gave it a shot though.It just proves that all these protests against government cuts are going to achieve nothing.