Jessops demolition megathread

Your souless quote is very interesting as the Sheffield Historical society are the one that are championing the destruction of the oldest trading places in Sheffield, The thousand year old Markets area.

The soulesness continues.

Morning All

Fact-there is no such thing as the Sheffield Historical Society.

When I hear the phrase 'thousand year old' I think of the 1000 year Reich which I shudder at, in whose defeat I rejoice and also of the British Empire, whose part in its defeat, I rejoice at.

Earliest known Market Charter is 1296 which is a bit less than a 1000 years though undoubtably there would have been some small market before then but that will probably always remain a matter of conjecture. Before I get back to the subject in hand the spirit of a Market is in the atmosphere, character, created by traders and customers in the main.

Morning All

Fact-there is no such thing as the Sheffield Historical Society.

When I hear the phrase 'thousand year old' I think of the 1000 year Reich which I shudder at, in whose defeat I rejoice and also of the British Empire, whose part in its defeat, I rejoice at.

Earliest known Market Charter is 1296 which is a bit less than a 1000 years though undoubtably there would have been some small market before then but that will probably always remain a matter of conjecture. Before I get back to the subject in hand the spirit of a Market is in the atmosphere, character, created by traders and customers in the main.

You are wrong.

There was trading in the area much earlier than that.

As far as the Sheffield historical society is concerned call it what you want there is one .

You last paragraph is bang on and the Castle Market is being destroyed so as a load of beards can sniff at rubble .

Get out your cameras and capture the memories if you have any of this building as it is on death row.

Get out your cameras and capture the memories if you have any of this building as it is on death row.

I have got hundreds already along with the characters and architecture.They are ready to file away so as future generations of Sheffielders can in years to come look back with nostalga at another historical Sheffield loss.

You are wrong.

As far as the Sheffield historical society is concerned call it what you want there is one .

You last paragraph is bang on and the Castle Market is being destroyed so as a load of beards can sniff at rubble .

neepsendlane,

Good job I've had a shave then. I'm glad we agree about summat.

Wardsbitter

Why. ?

It's ugly as sin, dirty and outdated. can't wait for the new shiny building that will replace it, and i certainly wouldn't want to remember it. !

You are wrong.

I take it you were around 1000 years ago? If not, where's your evidence to prove the markets were there :)

The Castle Market deserves to be leveled.

As for Jessops, the whole thing stinks. I mean, the University knew the building was listed before they got their hands on it.

I take it you were around 1000 years ago? If not, where's your evidence to prove the markets were there :)

As for Jessops, the whole thing stinks. I mean, the University knew the building was listed before they got their hands on it.

No mate I'm not as old as you.

Letter in Telegraph today about Jessops. If you support the Campaign that they are running keep signing up to the petition. This could be a test on how healthy our local democracy is.

Letter in Telegraph today about Jessops. If you support the Campaign that they are running keep signing up to the petition. This could be a test on how healthy our local democracy is.

Already signed, buy happy to plug for you.

Yep, hopefully the 99.5% of the population who haven't signed the petition will show that local democracy is healthy, and the uni can knock it down :-)