Jessops demolition megathread

Got sent a link to an article which I would find concerning. The demolition of the old Jessop's hosptial building. We lose enough old buildings in Sheffield. I'm sure the Uni could find alternative land. There is a lot of it near their engineering block.

Have a read.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/university-gears-up-with-134m-expansion-scheme-1-4469773

Got sent a link to an article which I would find concerning. The demolition of the old Jessop's hosptial building. We lose enough old buildings in Sheffield. I'm sure the Uni could find alternative land. There is a lot of it near their engineering block.

Have a read.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/university-gears-up-with-134m-expansion-scheme-1-4469773

Make that old derelict eyesores.

Make that old derelict eyesores.

The Jessops hospital building is no eyesore, its a great period building.

Have a read.

Time to get a petition going, too many old buildings are being lost.

Educational Vandalism ... how comes they got their hands on it anyway?

Hope they smarten it up and use it. My old Uni had the most hideous 1970s towerblock designed by someone in the Civil Engineering dept. Nightmare to study in and use, the wind used to whistle through, round etc. Guess what, it is listed. Bet the Jessop's building is far better designed, and will go on being useful for many years to come unlike more modern buildings.

Been on the cards for a long time.

They plan to demolish the Edwardian bit (not the Victorian bit that was recently rennovated) and replace it with another giant lego swastika building. The new prefab replacement will be called ICE (Information Commons Engineering).

Been on the cards for a long time.

They plan to demolish the Edwardian bit (not the Victorian bit that was recently rennovated) and replace it with another giant lego swastika building. The new prefab replacement will be called ICE (Information Commons Engineering).

I believe the Edwardian part was demolised a few years ago and its the Victorian part they now are talking about. Could be wrong|

I thought the old, derelict bits had been demolished already? The only bits left are the ones on the corner of Gell Street and Leavygreave Road and that was recently cleaned up and rnnovated, no?

I believe the Edwardian part was demolised a few years ago and its the Victorian part they now are talking about. Could be wrong|

No - they demolished the 1970s bit.

The Victorian part is the bit which faces onto Gell Street.

The at risk Edwardian part is the bit that is currently boarded up that points out towards Brook Hill/Broad Lane.

No the Victorian part is currently being used to house the music department. The part that they are talking about knocking down is the old edwardian facade that is still standing behind the victorian part. I would prefer it if they incorporated the facade somehow into the new building :S

The Jessops hospital building is no eyesore, its a great period building.

For once you have posted something sensible.

Why don't they bulldoze that terrible eyesore what was the Midland bank on the corner of Glossop Rd and the dual carriageway.

Edited by wednesday1