90% LTV Mortgage Rates

Has anyone come across any lenders with a good rate for a 90% LVR mortgage recently?

Has anyone come across any lenders with a good rate for a 90% LVR mortgage recently?

I'd strongly recommend you speak to a (full market) mortgage broker/advisor. They'll know the market and you don't pay for them (the lender will provide them with a commission) and the rate you pay is as advertised, so it's win-win. They'll also help with all the forms and stuff and are often able to lean on lenders a little bit. Ours is based down south but he was fantastic. We got our 90% LTV mortgage with Santander.

See http://www.moneysupermarket.com/mortgages/

Under 'FTB/Low Deposit', it lists several offering 90% LTV [Loan-To-Value ratio, which is probably what you meant].

Sorry, - LTV - thats what I meant :loopy:

Ive looked on Money Supermarket (and similar sites) but I am aware that online comparison sites dont always list everyone's products.

Ive got a broker looking for me as well, but in the meantime, was wondering if anyone came across any good deals that might not also be visible to brokers, etc (Ive heard that some arent and you have to go direct).

First Direct are usually very competitive .............. by the way i'm not an employee!

If you're using a 'whole of market' mortgage broker they've got access to every product available to intermediaries and should offer you a choice of the best deals.

Mortgage brokers can either be paid a commission from the lender or charge you a broker fee but will have to tell you in a KFI (Key Facts Illustration) they provide you with (a sort of quote if you like).

Some brokers charge broker fees up front and before they do any work for you. I would avoid these as any broker worth their salt will be happy to do the work, then get paid.

You're right about comparison sites they only list the products and lenders that want to enter into a joint advertising venture with the comparison site.

I'd second the speaking to someone who knows what they are talking about as it can be an absolute mind field!!

I'm not sure what is currently available but if you go for a tracker make sure it is a lifetime tracker so you are not tied in and can move it when the bank of england base rate goes up!

If you don't want to take the gamble go for a longer term fixed rate approx 5 years. Don't be put off by a fee if it is a low rate, just make sure you do your maths to see if the fee is worth while paying.

Oh and if your in unison don't forget you can get cheaper conveyancing and mortgage offers are available.

Good luck, and happy hunting x

First Direct are usually very competitive .............. by the way i'm not an employee!

I have had a 90% LTV mortgage with first direct accepted last week, they have competitive rates but also you can make unlimited overpayments. This can reduce the time you pay back the mortgage and interest you will pay drastically.

That's the 'Money Advice Service'. Is it the same thing as- or an offshoot from- the FSA?

Jeffrey, the service is provided by a government organisation paid for by a statutory levy on the financial services industry, raised through the Financial Services Authority. The weblink used to be moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk but recently moved to its own site.

So I suppose it is more of an offshoot from the FSA.