Recommendation needed: UPVC front door

Hi,

I bought a house a couple of years ago with a wooden front door on the porch. It has never fitted properly letting in the cold, damp and bugs. Now it is winter time again and the bloomin thing is a nightmare to close. Having sanded it and re-sealed it once already we have decided enough is enough. Want to start looking for a nice looking UPVC front door but obviously don't want to pay the earth for it. Before I trall around getting quotes from the usual suspects I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations - who to approach, who to avoid?

Many thanks in advance.

hi give us a call for a quote .

0114 2330699

many thanks crookes & son traditional joinery ltd

I went to Classic windows at Dronfield as they had some really nice coloured doors which look so much better than the standard white ones. They were very helpful and didn't pressurise me in the least.

where do you live? If you're in one of Sheffield's new conservation areas you'll find you're not allowed to have upvc

Personally, for a front door I would install a composite door rather than uPVC, they're more secure than PVC or timber, stronger and they won’t warp or need repainting. They can be coated to look like wood.

As far as price goes, they are more expensive than uPVC. I've seen pre-hung standard size upvc front doors from £250 off the shelf with furniture in the diy sheds. But expect to pay around £500 for a robust, secure composite door and around £100 for installation.

Thanks Ollieshouse, that was really useful.

Hi,

We do both UPVC and Composite Door, and at the moment we are offering £50.00 off any Composite Door fitted in February and March. Give us a call on 01909 517129 or call Chris on 07946863814 to discuss, or visit our website at truestylewindowsltd.co.uk

hi we have had ours done recently.

Richard of R B windows, his finishing is brill.

Hi there my name is Mark from bluestone upvc and we would be happy to provide you with a free no obligation quote. All our doors are secured and design and come abs lock fitted as standard. We are a highly motivated family run business offering a first class service. Backed by our Certass registration and insurance backed guarantee.

If we can of any help please call me on 01142874024/ 07720916825

Thanks Mark.