The Pheasant pub Sheffield Lane Top

We use to go to the Pheasant often, though it was a long way from where I lived we went to see Frank White and his group. I can not remember what year but it was a long time back and the place was always full. You would not often find such a grear guitarist playing in a pub.

We use to go to the Pheasant often, though it was a long way from where I lived we went to see Frank White and his group. I can not remember what year but it was a long time back and the place was always full. You would not often find such a grear guitarist playing in a pub.
I used to go in the concert room to see the same band week after week but can't remember their name. They always finished of with a song called "I'm an NCB MAN". Also met my wife of 36 years in the Pheasant.Bad memories!:hihi:

I used to go in the concert room to see the same band week after week but can't remember their name. They always finished of with a song called "I'm an NCB MAN". Also met my wife of 36 years in the Pheasant.Bad memories!:hihi:

I can not remember which song Frank White finished with but most peoples favourite of his was Louisiana.

I can not remember which song Frank White finished with but most peoples favourite of his was Louisiana.

Due to the weather that song has been my song worm all day.:)

With Frank singing it of course.

due to the weather that song has been my song worm all day.:)

with frank singing it of course.

ru craig???

Looks like it could become a KFC after all. They withdrew their planning permission application which involved demolishing the existing building. They have now submitted new plans which involve keeping the existing building.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=N0IQRDNY0KO00

Sad that it's closed, played there a couple of times and saw some great music. Lucy Kaplansky being one I remember.

If this is the right Pheasant Pub,(Sheffield Woodlands) in Sheffield, my wife's grandparents used to own it, in the late 1930s and into the 1940s. Her grandparents were Clara and Charles Britton. While my wife's father was in the RAF, my wife's older sister and mother lived with the Brittons, in the early 1940s, during the war. Many American soldiers would frequent The Pheasant and my wife remembers singing "Pistol Packin' Momma", for an American GI, named Batlow and she received a box of jellies. During the war, getting sweets of any kind was quite rare.

As well, before opening for the day's business, my wife and her sister would be allowed to bring out Smith's Crisps, to replenish the bar.

These are fond memories, from a troubled time long ago.

Does anyone know what happened to Mick after it closed?

it seems that the pub won't become a mosque after all.

thank god hope you're correct

I used the pheasant for quite a few years as my local. Used to go and watch Frank White there every week. First landlord I knew there was called graham. Then mick and Lorraine took it over. Remember Lorraine passing away,tragic that was. My old neighbours from elm lane lived and died in there,George and Claire halley