If you were American, would you support greater gun control in the US?

Should gun ownership be more strictly controlled in the US?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Should gun ownership be more strictly controlled in the US?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Shall we play "spot a copper"?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=london%20riots&hl=en&tbm=isch

And really, can you imagine the carnage if everyone out rioting also had access to assault rifles, armour piercing ammo and high capacity mags? Or even if it was just normal handguns?

You do acknowledge though that there was widespread cricism in the UK after the riots about what was perceived to be a less than effective police response?

---------- Post added 23-12-2012 at 17:02 ----------

I know you do, you're trying to have a pop at me though for not knowing about the situation while at the same time you've disclosed none of the details.

It's like someone saying:

"I have a new car, what do you think of it?"

"I don't know, can I see it?"

"Oh so I guess you think your car is better than mine?!"

"I don't know anything about your car, what does it look like?"

"You think you know everything about cars. I know what my car looks like so let's leave it at that!"

"Uhhmm... okay"

I already explained what was going on in a much earlier post. Go back and read it

Edited by Harleyman

I already explained what was going on in a much earlier post. Go back and read it

There were no details. Why not just give the officer's name and I can look it up for myself?

There were no details. Why not just give the officer's name and I can look it up for myself?

I did already

Given the date is now the 23rd of December are we talking of the festive season being Easter? :D
This is the kind of rubbish we have come to expect from you and the other usual suspects, and they know who they are. By merely opening up, a motley chorus of yankee bashers shows up with their "wisdom", even one of them complaining that Americans talk too much about their country even in a thread about America, which generally are about the only threads I care about. I don't care about Grimesthorpe, though its aptly named, and I'm not bored. So come on jerks, let's hear from you.

This is the kind of rubbish we have come to expect from you and the other usual suspects, and they know who they are. By merely opening up, a motley chorus of yankee bashers shows up with their "wisdom", even one of them complaining that Americans talk too much about their country even in a thread about America, which generally are about the only threads I care about. I don't care about Grimesthorpe, though its aptly named, and I'm not bored. So come on jerks, let's hear from you.

I'm surprised you get involved in these threads considering your dislike for those that get involved. I'm sure there are thousands of forums where your opinions will be greatly appreciated. The only jerk I see is someone posting with insults. What an odd bod you are.

Doubt if Grimesthorpe cares much about you either, atleast you are not likely to get shot there!

If only they where armed.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/24/us/new-york-firefighters-shooting/index.html?eref=edition

Breaking news, NRA spokesperson says "We need to arm our firefighters"

Yeah because walking into a fire while carrying a weapon containing several heat sensitive explosive projectiles strapped to your hip, always makes the situation safer.

Police Agent Louis Pompei. I looked him up myself yesterday or day before.

You wont find much detail on the actial shooting. I was wrong on one or two minor details about the person attacked and one of the robbers being killed. They were both wounded.

Since the incident happened years ago I can forgive myself for making a minor error here and there

Pompei is rightly regarded as a local hero and a park has been named after him

Edited by Harleyman

Buck, even by your own sorry standards this is quite astonishing. Have you had a sense of humour bypass recently? Lighten up man!

What part of the post you are replying to have you construed as anti American?

I was trying to share a joke with Harleyman and you have gone off on another vitriolic flight of fancy.

Open a bottle and adopt a little Christmas spirit. :cool:

I think the NRA are concerned that if they were to give way on any kind of weapon being banned then it would lead to what could be termed "creeping gun control"

Give a foot and they'll start asking for a mile later on way of thinking.

I am no supporter of gun control and never will be but there needs to be a bit of sanity and common sense coming out of all this.

Ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines. Enforce the ban with a Federal law

Rifles used for outdoor sport such as hunting and competiton shooting plus all types of hand guns to be exempt from any type of ban.

IMO that should settle the whole issue once and for all

---------- Post added 24-12-2012 at 17:13 ----------

Buck, even by your own sorry standards this is quite astonishing. Have you had a sense of humour bypass recently? Lighten up man!

What part of the post you are replying to have you construed as anti American?

I was trying to share a joke with Harleyman and you have gone off on another vitriolic flight of fancy.

Open a bottle and adopt a little Christmas spirit. :cool:

You need to lighten up yourself a bit. You've lost your religion a few times with personal insults directed at me.

I dont really care. Just a passing comment

Edited by Harleyman

I think the NRA are concerned that if they were to gove way on any kind of weapon being banned then it would lead to what could be termed "creeping gun control"

I am no supporter of gun control and never will be but there needs to be a bit of sanity and common sense coming out of all this.

Ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines. Enforce the ban with a Federal law

Rifles used for outdoor sport such as hunting and competiton shooting plus all types of hand guns to be exempt from any type of ban.

I would be interested to hear a full critical response to this article Harleyman. Please try not to dismiss it all because of who he is. I urge you to live up to your claims of being a reasonable and open minded man by responding to what he is saying as opposed to who he is. I already know you despise him because you told me so yourself. Be the bigger man here.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/celebrating-prince-peace-land-guns

---------- Post added 24-12-2012 at 17:22 ----------

I think the NRA are concerned that if they were to give way on any kind of weapon being banned then it would lead to what could be termed "creeping gun control"

---------- Post added 24-12-2012 at 17:13 ----------

You need to lighten up yourself a bit. You've lost your religion a few times with personal insults directed at me.

I dont really care. Just a passing comment

Quote me an insult I have directed at you please...I double dog dare you!

Just one will do.