If you were American, would you support greater gun control in the US?

Should gun ownership be more strictly controlled in the US?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Should gun ownership be more strictly controlled in the US?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

My point was about what you said here:

"There are some nasty very violent individuals in this land who dont have any scruples about shooting anyone during the course of a robbery."

The reason for this is because there are so many guns in America in the first place

We have "home invaders" over here too. We manage without guns though.

I dont know what a UK home invader looks like but he's probably some drug addicted snotty nosed individual carrying a Swiss army knife who wants a few quid for his next trip. Certainly not carrying a gun... right? After all you do have gun control

Edited by Harleyman

More innocent lives saved here.http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=7StCpfM5tz0&feature=endscreen

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 20:54 ----------

Probably none.

And the hero is very lucky he didn't accidentally wound or kill any customers or passers by.

Many innocent people could have been killed there whether you like it or not. One old man saved the day because he had a gun. The gun potentially saved many lives....whether you appreciate it or not!!!!

Is this the correct wording/punctuation?

A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Just thought it might be handy to have it nailed down as so many are referring to it.

Reading it does make me wonder if the modern interpretation may have strayed far from what the founding fathers intended.

Bearing in mind at the time of this amendment, America was in the final stages of the War of Independence. Its standing army on only annual service. The intent was to ensure enough of its citizens were armed to prevent an invasion like the one Britain tried later. Many American fathers were expert marksmen from hunting food for their families. It has been pointed out that nobody is likely to try invading the US. I certainly wouldn't recommend it, but a terrible civil war and the opening up of the West helped create the gun culture. Its almost impossible to convince Sheffield that it is no simple matter to fix the problem. But fix it we must and fix it we will ourselves, and not what SF says we should. 99.999% of Americans have never heard of SF, and not too many even know Sheffield exists except for the Full Monty, which Broadway managed to change to American accents from Poughkeepsiie or somewhere.

Oh dear! Innocent people would have been killed here!

By who and for what reason?
Because you would clearly be a pain in the butt. Stay home , sonny, we can manage.

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 16:03 ----------

Why would you think that would be likely?

Do you know something we don't or are you just trying be rude because you don't like what he has to say?

No I'm just trying to match you in rudeness, but its hard.

I know! Let us take the guns off all the good guys in the USA and let the bad guys keep theirs (because they would never hand theirs in). That should improve things shouldn't it.

Its almost impossible to convince Sheffield that it is no simple matter to fix the problem.

Did somebody from Sheffield say it would be a simple matter to fix the problem? Why have you said this?

But fix it we must and fix it we will ourselves, and not what SF says we should.

I don't think you're in the position to decide

99.999% of Americans have never heard of SF, and not too many even know Sheffield exists except for the Full Monty, which Broadway managed to change to American accents from Poughkeepsiie or somewhere.

What does this have to do with anything ?

Would the robbers have had the guns in the first place if gun restrictions were tighter?

People in America have always had access to guns. That is why we cannot compare the UK with America. They are different animals.

Because you would clearly be a pain in the butt. Stay home , sonny, we can manage.

If you view me as a pain in the butt, I take it that means you can't think of anything to rebuke my comments/opinions with so you'd rather I didn't bring them over to you, even though it was Harleyman who advised me to do so in the first place.

So who exactly would it be sending me back on a plane, with the power to do so just because they think I might be a "pain in the butt" ?

Did somebody from Sheffield say it would be a simple matter to fix the problem? Why have you said this?

I don't think you're in the position to decide

What does this have to do with anything ?

5904 posts since November 2010. Are they all as ridiculous as this one?. I haven't had that many from 2004. I know the next post coming. "Whats that to do with anything ".