Can anyonewho has been for an ATOS interview help?

Itrytoplease, read the post properly. Hotbird asked what happened at a tribunal.

A medical is done by one person in a room, and usually people are found fit for work.

No, I don't work for atos, and I think you are getting a medical confused with a tribunal. Easy mistake, and yes I have been to two medicals for myself, and two with other people. Only one occasion it didn't end up with me having to appeal, as I told the doctor the entire review was recorded. He said I couldn't use it in evidence, I told him if he found me fit for work, it would be posted everywhere, youtube and the like.

Itrytoplease, read the post properly. Hotbird asked what happened at a tribunal.

A medical is done by one person in a room, and usually people are found fit for work.

No, I don't work for atos, and I think you are getting a medical confused with a tribunal. Easy mistake, and yes I have been to two medicals for myself, and two with other people. Only one occasion it didn't end up with me having to appeal, as I told the doctor the entire review was recorded. He said I couldn't use it in evidence, I told him if he found me fit for work, it would be posted everywhere, youtube and the like.

I'm with you now, Sorry, misread your post, I got confused with the original post in 2012 and the question that was being asked now. Oops

When you get your benefit stopped by ATOS how are you supposed to pay your rent ? as they stop your housing benefit as well , this has just happened to my son,and his landlady has been on to him.so what is he supposed to do?

Just taken me 8 weeks to get my "jobseekers" after they stopped my incapacity and they still ripped me off. How can 8 weeks at £71 come to £266 ? When I inquired about it they said it was because I had not made a claim for back money. Thought one got it all once the claim was sorted. Apparently not. I have another book to fill in to get it. F.R.

How they expect people to manage on fresh air I have no idea. They just don't give a crap if we lose our homes or end up in debt because of them. (Thank god for my family).

Bit of advice, If you are going to one of these medicals (that's a misnomer if ever I heard one) stock up before hand on all that you can. Oh! and they lie through their teeth and you don't know until you get the report copy and by then they have stopped your benefits, all of them. So take someone in with you.

I'm awaiting my medical appointment. When I was called to verify who I was and to arrange to send out the questionnaire, I was asked if I needed large print (yes, as I'm registered blind) and asked if inhave to come for a medical can I enter any building ( has to be wheelchair friendly as I'm an amputee) the lady then said ' sorry I can't put large print and wheelchair accessible on the form , as it only allows for one disability'

I think I possibly could work, I'd need a term time job ( no family so no child care ) working sch hours 9-3 with a minimum of 2 days off a week for my hospital appointments. No walking, limited computer use, minimum hand use as severed nerve in hand after surgery.

I'm not lazy and worked 3 jobs every day when I was working to pay my way and have the nice things in life...... Now I have to beg for some money and listen to people's discriminations towards me.

Feel free to have a week in my shoe!!!!

Rant over :-)

When you get your benefit stopped by ATOS how are you supposed to pay your rent ? as they stop your housing benefit as well , this has just happened to my son,and his landlady has been on to him.so what is he supposed to do?

Download form GL24, this is an appeal form. Fill it in as soon as possible, and get your son to get sick notes from his GP. Tell him to get himself an appointment at Citizen's Advice Bureau. My Mp has been quite helpful, mine is Clive Betts. And inform the council that your son has an appeal and they are just waiting for the paperwork.

---------- Post added 17-07-2013 at 09:18 ----------

I'm awaiting my medical appointment. When I was called to verify who I was and to arrange to send out the questionnaire, I was asked if I needed large print (yes, as I'm registered blind) and asked if inhave to come for a medical can I enter any building ( has to be wheelchair friendly as I'm an amputee) the lady then said ' sorry I can't put large print and wheelchair accessible on the form , as it only allows for one disability'

I think I possibly could work, I'd need a term time job ( no family so no child care ) working sch hours 9-3 with a minimum of 2 days off a week for my hospital appointments. No walking, limited computer use, minimum hand use as severed nerve in hand after surgery.

I'm not lazy and worked 3 jobs every day when I was working to pay my way and have the nice things in life...... Now I have to beg for some money and listen to people's discriminations towards me.

Feel free to have a week in my shoe!!!!

Rant over :-)

Atos are riddicoulous, surely many people are going to have a combination of disabilities, so being only able to list 1 sounds wrong. Get somebody to write the information on your behalf and send it recorded delivery. They will have to make a note of both your problems then.

Thanks for the information,my son has been sending docters notes in,he sent one in last week for another 2 month and he has to go to hospital once a week and waiting to see a Consultant at end of August.So can ATOS over rule our Doctors ?

can ATOS over rule our Doctors ?

Very much so, and they most likely will.

People cannot live on fresh air. How many people, penniless and homeless for the crime of being ill, will it take before this insidious system is changed?

There are many people in this position. Some are being supported by caring friends and relatives so the ill person won't have to bed down in shop doorways etc, but the carers have their own monetary problems and are becoming the victims as well.

And I hate to think what this system of appeals and more appeals is costing. I'd wager hardly anything is saved. Is it really worth the mental anguish and distress it's causing?

The government should be ashamed.

The government should be ashamed.

The government don't see the despair, depravity and fallout of any of this so why would they care.

They really are so removed from your average persons daily struggle that they have no real clue, not that they'd care anyway, they're too busy in a race for yet more cash to give a ****.

We need a revolution, and the sooner the better.

I know someone who was declared 'fit to work' after an ATOS interview so their benefit was stopped. They can't claim JSA because the Doctor has signed them off sick for 6 months, so they can't get anything because to get JSA they have to be 'fit for work' which they're not :huh:

Because they can't work (they are practically housebound) and they can't sign on, they have literally nothing, no money at all and don't even get their NI contributions credited which will mean that it will have an impact on their pension in a few years (they only have two years before they're due their pension). This person has worked 30+ years and paid their taxes etc but now when they need help they can't get it.

The people going on about 'scroungers' etc need to consider what would happen to them if they are sick and become disabled. It can happen to anyone and even though people have savings etc, they don't last forever...